Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's your first gym injury?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
Almost everyone gets injured at the gym once in a while. Have you had the unfortunate experience of being injured when you're working out in the gym? It can be a torn muscle, dislocation etc. What was your first injury like?

I’ve never had had a gym injury, or at least I don’t think so. I had pains and felt a lot of discomfort after working out in the beginning but I don’t think that was injury related. Hopefully it stays that way!

I've twisted my ankle once when I was running on the treadmill at the gym. I missed my step, it was how I hurt myself.

I've never been injured at the gym when I'm working out. I mostly focus on my abs whenever I'm at the gym working out with my crunches and planks drills.

I have also been in luck never to have had any gym injuries when working out. Although, I don't workout at the gym very often. I do it at home and I don't do anything extreme.

I have also been in luck never to have had any gym injuries when working out. Although, I don't workout at the gym very often. I do it at home and I don't do anything extreme.

I can remember vividly that when I began training that it was not easy to start. However, I began training and the gym sessions were always exciting till the day that I decided to lift a new weight that is different from what I used to carry. That was the first say that I had my first injury and it was really a difficult time for me then.

I can remember vividly that when I began training that it was not easy to start. However, I began training and the gym sessions were always exciting till the day that I decided to lift a new weight that is different from what I used to carry. That was the first say that I had my first injury and it was really a difficult time for me then.
What kind of injury did you have from lifting the weight which was different from what weight that you used to carry? Was it a torn muscle or biceps or joint pull or dislocation? I don't use to lift much weight except for dumbells because I only prefer working on my arms muscles.

I have never been to a gym, therefore, getting injured in a gym o gym injury is out of question for me. However, I have worked out in home and my muscles have cramped multiple time while working at home. These days I mostly do light impact exercise and avoid putting pressure to my body. MY favorite exercise is walking.

Putting too much pressure on your body when you are working out is not advisable because it will still be your body that will suffer from the after effects. This is why when I'm working out, I gauge my body with how it react to anything I'm doing at the gym to make sure I don't harm myself.

It was not a serious injury, but once I was not very careful in the gym and a 15 kg dumbbell fell on my leg, but surprisingly, nothing broke, I only had a bruise on my leg, but it hurt very much

Mine was muscle soreness. I started experiencing something that felt like my muscles were tearing apart. That was 3 days after I started carrying weights. I was advised against any medication. And it subsided on it's own.

I used to be a gym enthusiast but ended up with so many injuries that I quit. I would warm up, and cool down after my workouts but still they happened. Nowadays I exercise at home using machines and have not had an injury in years. No more free weights for this guy.

I had a serious injury, but a long time ago, only then did I start training and I did it without a trainer and then I did not warm up very well and I injured my wrist because I lifted a heavy dumbbell

The first injury I had from workout was years back, I over did the workouts, I ended up having sores in my muscles close to my chest. I had serious pains for days, but with time the pain stopped.

My first gym injury happened when I was overly ambitious with weights for shoulder presses. I strained my rotator cuff trying to lift too heavy. It was a painful lesson in the importance of proper form and not ego-lifting beyond my capabilities.

I don't know if you can counted as a major injury, but I could remember the first time I worked out, all my muscles pained me for days I couldn't do any exercise again until a week later.

Back