Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's the most important thing in life to you?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
The most important thing in life to me is my relationships with family and close friends. At the end of the day, the bonds we forge with our loved ones are what truly matter. Material possessions and career achievements feel hollow without people to share them with. My family's unconditional love and support has grounded me, while my friendships have enriched my life with laughter and cherished memories. Nurturing those connections by being present, listening, and showing gratitude is what I value above all else.

What i consider to be very important to me is my relationship with God. Without him I wouldn't even have existed in the first place, and it is because of him that I enjoy life day to day. so I always give thanks to him and appreciate him.

For me the important thing in life at the moment is to avail good education to my kids and make them stand on their feet. Apart from that I don't want to lose relationships with my family. I want them to be with me till I die.

The most important thing to me in life is money. I really can't survive without money because I was kinda raised in luxury. That's why I chase money with all my heart. But I can't do any form of evil just to earn money.

The most important thing in life to me is peace. If my ducks are all in a row I have it. If there are things out of whack I don't. Life ought to be about the pursuit of happiness, peace equates to happiness.

The most important thing to me in life is money. I really can't survive without money because I was kinda raised in luxury. That's why I chase money with all my heart. But I can't do any form of evil just to earn money.
Money is indeed a very important asset. With it you can get almost anything done. At the same time, just like you have said, one should be very careful so that we don't use dubious means to get money at all cost.

My family is definitely part of some of the most important things to me, my business is also in that line. I am not in a relationship yet so I guess that spot is pretty much empty.

I don't give importance to luxuries in life. I want money just to fulfil my basic needs. Yes, money is important but also the reason for the bad things in life. Once you are fond of luxuries and don't have money to maintain it then you cannot survive.
I don't think much of life's luxury items. All I need is money to meet my essential requirements. Sure, money matters, but it's also the cause of most negative aspects of life. You can't survive if you relish luxury and lack the funds for maintaining it.

I don't give importance to luxuries in life. I want money just to fulfil my basic needs. Yes, money is important but also the reason for the bad things in life. Once you are fond of luxuries and don't have money to maintain it then you cannot survive.
I don't think much of life's luxury items. All I need is money to meet my essential requirements. Sure, money matters, but it's also the cause of most negative aspects of life. You can't survive if you relish luxury and lack the funds for maintaining it.
That's another way of looking at it. I have a friend who shares this same view with you it doesn't want to be filthy Rich, instead he wants enough money that can make him afford the comfortable things he desires. And if you ask me, that's not bad too.

There is a point you get to in life and you would realize that finances is not about just your basic needs. I have goals of touching the world and leaving a positive mark. Basic needs financial goals can't achieve that.

There is a point you get to in life and you would realize that finances is not about just your basic needs. I have goals of touching the world and leaving a positive mark. Basic needs financial goals can't achieve that.

Although I am aware of this, I am sick and tired of working in the corporate world and standing up for ten hours a day at a manufacturing plant. I therefore have no desire to work for luxury. I'm aware that will require more work on my end. For this reason, I believe that what I have meets my needs and I don't need any more.

Although I am aware of this, I am sick and tired of working in the corporate world and standing up for ten hours a day at a manufacturing plant. I therefore have no desire to work for luxury. I'm aware that will require more work on my end. For this reason, I believe that what I have meets my needs and I don't need any more.
I respect your stance on this issue. At least you know what you want and you want to go for it. But you know that for that to happen, you need to have contentment? You have to plan your expenses well so that they don't exceed your income.

I respect your stance on this issue. At least you know what you want and you want to go for it. But you know that for that to happen, you need to have contentment? You have to plan your expenses well so that they don't exceed your income.

I agree. I need to plan my life after retirement so that I may not be financially dependent on someone else. It happens to people when they have no money; they are dependent on their kids, suffer, and make their lives hell.

To be dependant on someone else is something I am very scared of, cause the truth of the matter is that humans can disappoint you at any time. This is why I am working hard now so I won't rely on anyone in the future.

I agree. I need to plan my life after retirement so that I may not be financially dependent on someone else. It happens to people when they have no money; they are dependent on their kids, suffer, and make their lives hell.
Exactly, and maybe the kids too are trying their best to get their lives together. It would not be nice to add to their burden.

Exactly, and maybe the kids too are trying their best to get their lives together. It would not be nice to add to their burden.
Yes that's usually the case, while they are struggling to deal with their own family, they would have to worry about their parents constantly as well, it can be very demanding.

Kids are still capable of doing physical work and earning, but parents are not when they are old. But still, we should not expect them to support us. We should save enough money at a young age that can be used later on.

Thinking about it right now, I think does that I love are the most important people in my life right now.

Children are the most important thing for me. I am ready to do everything to ensure that they are safe and happy. I don't think I'm the best mother in the world, but I try to make them happy and spend as much time with them as possible while they still live with me

Back