Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's the most important lesson you've learned in life?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
The most important lesson I've learned in life is the value of living in the present moment. It's easy to get caught up in ruminating about the past or worrying about the future, but doing so robs us of appreciating the here and now. By practicing mindfulness and gratitude for each day's small joys and victories, I've found far more fulfillment. Mistakes from yesterday and stressors of tomorrow will still exist, but they need not overshadow the beauty and meaning available in the current experience. Embracing the present is a hard-won discipline, but one that leads to contented living.

It is the fact that nobody will turn up for you if you don't turn up for yourself. It is true that people should help people out sometimes, however if you don't help yourself out others will notice and they will most likely not bother to help you out too.

I have learnt so many lessons and they are all extremely important. I think one of them is that notting good comes easy. If you want the best you need to work really hard for it.

I have learned that we should not expect anything from others. Because once your expectations are not fulfilled, it hurts.

The number one lesson that I've learnt is a very hard one indeed. And that is to never trust anyone 100%. At the end of the day everyone is in it for themselves. You know that woman that you think that you love? If it were to end she would do everything in her power to take you down.

Your friends will betray you if it is in their interests to do so. Your coworkers will talk behind your back, yet smile to your face. Human nature is what it is....Trust only your dog 100% and you'll make out just fine.:cool:

The most important thing that I have learned in life is that the grass gets greener when you water the ground and not on the other side. That implies that anything that would come out good would require work for it to do so.

I am still learning and every day is an opportunity to learn new things so its best to keep learning and accept your mistakes and move on and don't repeat those mistakes

The most important thing that I have learned in life is that the grass gets greener when you water the ground and not on the other side. That implies that anything that would come out good would require work for it to do so.
This is a very good point. Most people usually leave their own garden and be admiring another person's garden because it looks greener, when you can basically just water your own garden and get the same result.

This is a very good point. Most people usually leave their own garden and be admiring another person's garden because it looks greener, when you can basically just water your own garden and get the same result.
Some people would rather live their lives wishing to have someone else's life. And most times, they don't get to know the inner details of what they see on the surface. Instead of working on their own lives to get better bit by bit, they wallow in regrets because they can't get another person's life. And they don't even know the person's secret pains.

Back