Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's the longest you've been ill?

Heatman

Off The Mark

Reaction score
The longest time that I have ill would be this month of October 2023. I've been ill since October 2nd and not fully recovered. I had Malaria, typhoid fever and cold with a dry cough. It's been the worst month for me this year.

What's the longest you've been ill?

I don't know exactly but probably 2 weeks. I don't think I've been seriously ill longer than that.

Speaking realistically, probably around half of my life as I am unable to work due to abuse injuries- and I also have other issues including insomnia and depression.

If we're talking colds or something like that, maybe around two days

With things like the flu..about a week…I have other issues that come and go..

Max I've been ill was 2 weeks. I don't get sick often. It's the good thing I love about my health. It's all because of how strong my immune system have been.

The longest I've been ill is about a month. I had COVID-19 for the first time at the end of 2019, before there was a vaccine, so it took me a lot longer to get over the illness.
I've had COVID-19 twice after that but because of the vaccine, it took me a week or 2 to recover.

The longest time I've been ill is about 3 weeks. It was COVID by the way. I was very careless with myself at work in 2020. It's how I was exposed to the nasty bug.

There are sometimes when I don't fall sick in a year. I might casually have headaches a day or two but that's just it.

If it comes to health, I have always been very healthy that my parents never had to be worried too much about me having a health challenge that will be very challenging for them to take care of. I can only remember taking ill and being at it for about four weeks when I was 17 years old. I had measles at that time.

I don't fall sick very often but whenever I do, it will be like a case of life and death. I've been hospitalised for 4 weeks some years ago.

The longest I've been ill is about a month. I had COVID-19 for the first time at the end of 2019, before there was a vaccine, so it took me a lot longer to get over the illness.
I've had COVID-19 twice after that but because of the vaccine, it took me a week or 2 to recover.
I was lucky not to catch COVID-19. Three of my friends was infected by the virus, unfortunately one of them could not survive it. He was suffering from lung disease before he was exposed to the pandemic of coronavirus. He tried fighting it for a while but his weak lungs couldn't bear it.

I was lucky not to catch COVID-19. Three of my friends was infected by the virus, unfortunately one of them could not survive it. He was suffering from lung disease before he was exposed to the pandemic of coronavirus. He tried fighting it for a while but his weak lungs couldn't bear it.

So sorry for the death of your friend that died from the coronavirus infection. I heard a lot of people that couldn't survive that period then because of one ailment or another and trust me when I say that the infection really claimed lives back then. The longest I have been sick though was when I had typhoid and was sick for 2 weeks.

I think the longest I've been sick was for 2 weeks when I had high fever during my childhood once when I was studying in 3rd grade if I'm not wrong. I was admitted to the hospital and was there for about 3 weeks.

I don't get ill often. I can remember being ill for one week. It was a hard cough but I started my medication early. It helped it to heal in a week.

So sorry for the death of your friend that died from the coronavirus infection. I heard a lot of people that couldn't survive that period then because of one ailment or another and trust me when I say that the infection really claimed lives back then. The longest I have been sick though was when I had typhoid and was sick for 2 weeks.
Thank you so much my friend. It was a very hard for me to take in 2020 because we were so close as friends. He was among the people who never betrayed the trust which I gave him but death through the pandemic of coronavirus stole him away from me like a theif.

Wow, that's a lot, I can't even imagine what it's like to be sick for a whole month because when I'm sick for 2 days, I already lose the will to live. However, the longest I was sick was 2 weeks, but it was a mild cold that was difficult to cure for some reason

I think the longest I've been sick was for 2 weeks when I had high fever during my childhood once when I was studying in 3rd grade if I'm not wrong. I was admitted to the hospital and was there for about 3 weeks.
Being admitted in the hospital is what I do not like in my life. The way hospital smells is too much for me to bear. This is why I don't like going to hospital, it's only when I don't have any other choice but to go to hospital that I will endure it.

Being admitted in the hospital is what I do not like in my life. The way hospital smells is too much for me to bear. This is why I don't like going to hospital, it's only when I don't have any other choice but to go to hospital that I will endure it.
I have the opposite for some reason because I like this smell and you are also fed for free and all medicines are free. The only thing I don't like is that there are mostly old people and they can smell unpleasant, but I know that in the hospital I will recover much faster than at home

The smell of drugs is very disgusting and disturbing to me. This is one of the main reason why I don't like being in the hospital. Getting free meds feels good because you get to save money on the pills but that's not a problem for me. Another one is that I can't stand seeing or staying where people die like they do in hospitals.

I was bed ridden for 11 days when I tested positive for corona virus. That was the longest time I have ever been. The closet one to this was 7 days. I was 7 days on bed rest when I was caught by Dengue virus. I have never been hospitalized in my life, Apart form Corona and Dengue, I don't remember getting sick.

Back