Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What were common names in your grandparents’ generation? Do they sound old-fashioned now or are they still popular?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
Yes those were so old fashioned names and it was fine for that time but these days no one will name their kids like that LOL.

What were common names in your grandparents’ generation? Do they sound old-fashioned now or are they still popular?

The names back then are still the names we have today, the difference is that most people tend to shorten the names. Let's take Rebecca for example, some would call it beca or Becky.

Yes, they were old-fashioned, like my maternal grandfather's name was Ganga Prasad, and I don't think in this generation one would like to have this name as this is an old and long name. Similarly, my grandmother's name was Kailasho Devi, which also seems to be very old.

I like those names even though they are old fashioned. I don't think I will give such names to my babies. My father's name is Nwafor and it's already old fashioned. I don't think this generation needs the names too.

Back