Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What should you eat before a workout?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Do you work out on a regular basis, what do you earn before workout? Eating a balanced meal or snack containing carbohydrates and protein is very important. You also need to eat 1-3 hours before exercising as exercising empty stomach or full stomach both are not recommended. . Some of the food that are good to earn before exercise are banana with peanut butter, yogurt with fruit, or a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread.

I adhere to the rules of not eating later than 2 hours before training, because if I do this, then the exercises will be much more difficult. Most of the time, I can eat a banana, as you wrote, because there are many useful substances in it so that I have the energy to exercise

No, I don't eat any food before I begin to do my work out drills in the morning. It's only in the morning that I make out time to work out. It's only water that I drink when I'm working out. If I eat food before working out, will feel too lazy to work out again.

Banana with small yogurt 30 min pre-workout 40 carb +10 protein

This sounds like something I would like to give a try. It's not like eating food itself, so it should work. I hope it works well for me and once it does, I'm going to make it a routine thing to have when I want to work out.

This sounds like something I would like to give a try. It's not like eating food itself, so it should work. I hope it works well for me and once it does, I'm going to make it a routine thing to have when I want to work out.
I am also ready to try it because it seems very nutritious but very simple and light and I think the body will take it very well before training. And even the price is not as high as for simple food and it is much more effective

I focus on hydrating myself and not eating very much at all. I work out at home having exercise equipment here. I go into the workout with a partially empty stomach and chow down after. I never lack energy so this is a non issue for me.

I focus on hydrating myself and not eating very much at all. I work out at home having exercise equipment here. I go into the workout with a partially empty stomach and chow down after. I never lack energy so this is a non issue for me.
It is correct not to eat a lot before training, but you need energy and if you do not eat at all, the body's immunity weakens a lot after training and you can get sick afterwards, so it is better to eat some energy product. would do exactly that

No, I don't eat any food before I begin to do my work out drills in the morning. It's only in the morning that I make out time to work out. It's only water that I drink when I'm working out. If I eat food before working out, will feel too lazy to work out again.
I also don't eat anything when I workout early in the morning. I do my daily workouts at 5am and it is too early to eat by that time. If I feel a craving to munch, I can just get a small pack of biscuits. Eating food and working out causes abdominal pain for me.

I also try to eat not long before training because I lose energy very quickly and therefore such high-calorie foods help me gain energy before training and during training I can drink water and a protein shake

I don't normally eat before my workouts, majority of the times I eat after my workouts. The highest I do before workouts is drink water.

I do make an effort to work out consistently, usually 3-4 days a week. Before hitting the gym, I like to have a pre-workout snack like a banana or protein bar to give me some energy. Hydrating is also key, so I chug some water about 30 minutes prior.

I just make sure that I don't go to gym on an empty stomach. At the same time I don't eat foods that are too heavy either, to prevent stomach problems during exercise.

Back