Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What is your level of education?

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
What is your level of education and are you proud of the level of education that you have?

I recently completed a Bachelors degree. I’m proud of it but I don’t think I necessarily needed it.

some junior school

basically stuff kids know. anything else I've picked up from tv shows or books

I get by I guess, as long as I don't have to deal with math, science, history, religious studdies, other languages,...

I have a degree in computer science and technology. I'm planning on going for my second degree which will be on law.

I've done my master's in Language Studies. It's my biggest achievement in academics. I'm very proud of myself because I never believed I was capable of it.

I have a Bsc in Banking and finance but I'm not working in the bank. I'm working in one company as their chartered accountant. It's a very good paying job.

I'm a microbiologist. This have been my dream profession since I was 10 years old. My parents supported me in every way to see it become a reality.

I have a bachelor's in electrical engineering. I'm definitely proud of it because I learned about several other sub-domains of it like electronics, computers, telecommunication, etc., which has all helped me in getting really great jobs!

I have a bachelor's degree in structural engineering. Every member in my family is an engineer. It was like a dream of my father which he made sure all of his kids become an engineer. I would have wanted to become a doctor but it's not an easy profession to take on.

Masters. I am from the science stream.

I had my share of good and effective education. I do code a bit and have some website backend skills. I am more of a tech person and like that kind of work more than anything.

I just have grade 9 🙁
You don't have to be sad. The thing about education is that you can start all over whenever it's convenient for you. I know some people who are already in their late 50's but they have enrolled into the University to study in their old age. You can do the same thing if you want to further your education.

Education is simply a necessity to find jobs. As long as you are good at doing things there is always someone who needs your help. When your computer is not working, you try to get the best person or the nearest one who can fix it. Rarely ask for their educational qualifications as long as they have proven track record.

I admit that a lot of doors will open faster if you have a few certificates of value.

You don't have to be sad. The thing about education is that you can start all over whenever it's convenient for you. I know some people who are already in their late 50's but they have enrolled into the University to study in their old age. You can do the same thing if you want to further your education.

This is true. Education is never a guarantee for success. For one to be successful, they need to be able to push to achieve more than just going to school. This is what those who believe in going to school always fail to let everyone know about.

It is like a key. Not all doors are closed all the time. You can knock and enter too.

Having a degree certainly helps. But there are people who have acheived unimaginable things without one.

This is true. Education is never a guarantee for success. For one to be successful, they need to be able to push to achieve more than just going to school. This is what those who believe in going to school always fail to let everyone know about.
Yes, there are so many successful man in the world who are school drop outs. Someone like Bill Gates and others are in this category. Education certainly helps but it's not a must for being successful. Acquiring a skill is more fruitful in making someone become successful in life.

I, like all students, finished school and decided to study at the university, but in reality it was not my desire but rather my parents'. But already after the first year of study, I became very uninterested and left the university myself without their consent because I was 18 years old. Now I work with only a school education, but I don't really regret it.

What matters is that you are making money for yourself no matter the level of education which you have acquired. I have seen those who are school drop outs but they have been able to make it big in life for themselves. They had skills which they capitalised on to grow financially.

They told me that I wouldn't be able to earn a lot of money if I didn't have an education, but then I wanted to have my own way and I did it because I didn't think so. I now work more than my former classmates, but I earn more than them and this progress will not stop, and they have already reached a certain limit

It's the focus and determination to succeed in life that matters. There are so many things which a lot of people say isn't possible to be done but when you are convinced of doing and also put efforts into seeing it done, there will be a way for you to achieve that success.

Back