Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What is the future of ODI Cricket?

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
There was news many years ago that most of the Cricket playing nations are not interested in ODI Cricket and was interested in only T20 and Tests and then ICC intervened and made sure that all cricketing nations play ODI Cricket and added champions trophy in addition to ODI World cup but even I have started to lose interest in ODIs.

Even I don't like watching ODI since the introduction of T20 matches. Even the cricket boards also know that people are losing interest in ODIs so they will have to find out the ways to let people's interest again in it.

I know it's hard to watch a full match and that's why there should be few changes in the ODI format and rules.

I don't know if it would be able to make changes in ODI matches to make them interesting. Interest in ODIs cannot be brought back after the inception of T20 matches.

There were many suggestions like to make it 40 overs contests but it's not sure if ICC is considering to make any changes

Let's see what they do but still people are more inclined towards watching T20 matches as they are fast unlike ODI matches.

This is expected because not many like to watch a whole game and prefer to watch T20 like a Bollywood movie

Am not sure what the future would hold though, especially in my country cause we have very few people who are interested in this sports. Some persons do not even know about it.

It all depends on the interests of people. In India, cricket is the most popular sport, which is why there is very high competition in the selection of teams. There are lots of players who play well but are not selected for the national team.

Cricket is Popular in South Africa so ideally it should be popular in other parts of the africa too or could be they are only interested in Football or in some other sports

Future is bright because we are getting these close matches and this is what everyone likes to see in a competition even though its a longer format as compared to T20

Back