Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What gifts do you give to your relatives?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
How do you choose gifts for your relatives? Do you make them yourself or buy them ready-made? Do you choose such a gift that will be useful or just so that it will be liked and have no use?

I don't give gifts too frequently and I only gift to my close relatives. However, when I give my close relatives I always give them clothes. Clothes can be expensive gifts but they are also useful items. I like my gifts to be useful to the receiver, sometimes when I cannot decide on what to buy I also give money.

The kind of gifts which I give to my relatives depends on the level of closure and relationship I have with each and every one of the person who is my relative. It is not what I give to Mr A that I give to Mr B. Our relationship is going to determine the kind of gift I will be interested in giving to that person.

I don't give gifts too frequently and I only gift to my close relatives. However, when I give my close relatives I always give them clothes. Clothes can be expensive gifts but they are also useful items. I like my gifts to be useful to the receiver, sometimes when I cannot decide on what to buy I also give money.
In my opinion, clothes are one of those gifts that should not be given, because I don't know how it happens with you, but I could never guess the size and specific wishes, so for me, clothes are only a prohibition as a gift

In my opinion, clothes are one of those gifts that should not be given, because I don't know how it happens with you, but I could never guess the size and specific wishes, so for me, clothes are only a prohibition as a gift

It depends on the type of clothes that you want to give to your relative that is going to determine if it's something that will not have any problem for that person to make use of it. There are some clothes which if you don't get the person's measurement very well, the person cannot be able to wear the clothes thereby rendering it useless.

Dress, gadgets, gold etc. Based on their age and preference.

They do the same when the time comes. I am not expecting it, but it is kind of custom.

For me it is usually what I can afford at that moment. From customized items like cups and various other things, to data for accessing the Internet.

Most people buy their relatives something that is edible. But as for me I like to get them something that they will be able to use for a long time, so that they see it and they will be reminded of me who got them the gift. Sometimes I buy them plates food flask, water bottles and the likes.

When it comes to gifts for my relatives, I try to put a lot of thought into finding meaningful and personal items. For birthdays and holidays, I enjoy giving gifts that reflect their interests and hobbies like a book by their favorite author, a cozy throw blanket in their preferred color, I also like to give practical but thoughtful gifts, such as a nice set of kitchen tools for my aunt who loves to cook.

I am the black sheep of the family and most of my relatives have long since written me off. Believe me it works both ways and I am well rid of that bunch and wouldn't even think to buy them gifts.
My youngest sister however doesn't like them either and I do buy her gifts. She has a porcelion doll collection and she also happens to like chocolates. Thus buying for her is easy and doesn't require much thought.

My husband has everything he needs for life. Every year I have less and less ideas of what to give him. I give him something that seems cool but has no useful use in everyday life

I give what they want because I stay close to them and know what they want

I always do gifts to people based on what I think they would immediately need. I once gave my cousin a big pack of diapers for her wedding gift. Why? She was already heavily pregnant at the time of the wedding.

Back