Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What does Xavi leaving means for Barcelona FC?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
The season for Barcelona fc has been one most of the fans, and even the players won't want to remember in a hurry. Just within the week, They were knocked out of the Copa De Rey tournament, and with their performance in the league, I don't think they have higher chances of winning any trophy this season. Do you think Xavi, the Barcelona FC manager, announcing that he is stepping down this season will bring a change?

I don't think Xavi, the Barcelona FC manager, announcing that he is stepping down this season will bring any change to the club because I haven't seen any major changes he was able to bring to the club except winning La Liga last season. Real Madrid have dominated Barcelona since Messi left the club. Barcelona will struggle for years before getting back to Real Madrid's level again.

I don't think Xavi, the Barcelona FC manager, announcing that he is stepping down this season will bring any change to the club because I haven't seen any major changes he was able to bring to the club except winning La Liga last season. Real Madrid have dominated Barcelona since Messi left the club. Barcelona will struggle for years before getting back to Real Madrid's level again.

The biggest challenge that Barcelona is having, as a football club, is the misappropriation of funds that happened with the last administration. It is going to take time before they can be able to bounce back to competing seriously with other teams since they lack the financial might to go for players that they wish to buy.

In my opinion, this is a dead end for Barcelona because they signed Xavi hoping that the star of Barcelona will be able to lead them to the top, but he is not such an experienced player and the players of Barcelona are not ready for this at all. You need to update the team and coach, then start all over again

The biggest challenge that Barcelona is having, as a football club, is the misappropriation of funds that happened with the last administration. It is going to take time before they can be able to bounce back to competing seriously with other teams since they lack the financial might to go for players that they wish to buy.

Also Barcelona is making a very big mistake by looking directly at what Real Madrid is doing to see if they can replicate the same thing in their club and it's costing them so much. They should focus on their own individual plan and see how it will help to improve the club after Lionel Messi left the club.

That is not the problem of Barcelona. They are a big club and always get concessions to walk around certain things. For me, the biggest problem of Barcelona started years or probably decades back and that was over dependence on Messi. It would take Barcelona a long time to build a team that would be rid of Messi's ghosts. Prior to Messi, they had a team that could play soccer as a team.

I already know that he announced that he will not leave the team, but in my opinion it is correct because he simply has little time left and he cannot create the team that he sees in his head. He has a lot of young players in the team, he still takes second place with them

Xavi's departure from Barcelona as their manager is a seismic blow for the Catalan giants. He was a legendary player who brought his elite mentality and understanding of the club's values and style of play to the dugout. Replacing such an iconic figure who breathed the Barcelona philosophy will be incredibly difficult.

Has he announced that he'll be living recently? Because as it stands I think Xavi is going nowhere. And it is a good thing because he has been trying his best for the club all this while.

Xavi's departure leaves Barcelona FC at a crossroads. While he led them to a La Liga title last season, this year's struggles raise questions about the team's direction. The club will need to find a new coach who can build upon Xavi's tactical philosophy and youth integration, while also addressing weaknesses and potentially making key signings. It'll be a test of Barcelona's ability to navigate this transition and return to competing for major trophies.
So in summary you are saying that Barcelona is done for if xavi leaves?

Back