Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What does forgiveness mean to you?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Letting go of negative emotions, sentiments, and energy connected to an injustice, perceived wrongdoing, or past hurt is the root of forgiveness. It involves letting go of bitterness, rage, and the need for revenge or retaliation. In addition to enabling us to get past our emotional burdens and negative ideas, forgiveness can also help us grow as people, develop empathy and understanding, enhance our mental health and general wellbeing, strengthen our bonds with others, and create a feeling of community. Remember that forgiving is a process that can require patience, willpower, and support. It's a path of giving up of negativity and embracing peace, compassion, and understanding.

I have always consider forgiveness a better tool to self satisfaction by getting peace. What about you?

I see forgiveness as a gateway to Freedom. When we refuse to forgive someone, we are also putting ourselves in captivity, cause whenever we see the person we end up getting upset, unhappy, uncomfortable and even angry, this emotions can affect our health negatively.

Not all sins against me are forgiven like treachery. I cannot forgive the man who betrayed me. I can only forgive someone who wronged me but said sorry and accepted his mistake but the man who wronged me never asked for forgiveness. He already had in mind my response in case he would do it.

Back