Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What do you use to pay?

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
When you go to a store, what do you use to pay? Cash, card or your phone (Apple/Google Pay)?

99% of the time I use Apple Pay. The other 1% I will use cash for things such as haircuts or certain takeaways where they don’t accept card payment.

I always used to use my card whenever I went out to stores but over the last few months, I have found it a lot easier to be able to pay using my phone and Google Pay. It's a lot easier than having to mess around getting my card out all the time and putting it back for safety as my phone tends to be more convenient.

Cash, bank transfer and hardly card. If I have cash on me, it's the only means I would love to pay with but it's not possible most of time. Online bank transfer is a good choice too.

PayPal is what I used to pay for everything I get online as long as they accept PayPal payment. If they accept cryptocurrency, I wouldn't mind using it too.

I don't carry cash around with me anymore, so I pay with my card when I go to stores.
If I happen to have a bit of cash on me, I will use that in the stores.

My debit card cover for everything I want to pay. Unless it's a payment below $5, I would pay for such using cash.

When you go to a store, what do you use to pay? Cash, card or your phone (Apple/Google Pay)?

99% of the time I use Apple Pay. The other 1% I will use cash for things such as haircuts or certain takeaways where they don’t accept card payment.

I make most of my payment through cash. It's when I shop online that I'm going to forced to use the option the store have available.

When I shop online, I like to use paypal. When shopping stores I use my Chase card.

It all depends on where I am shopping, online I mostly use Paypal but if I am not sure about the store, I may use a VCC ( Virtual Credit Card ) and in store, I normally use plastic.

It all depends on where I am shopping, online I mostly use Paypal but if I am not sure about the store, I may use a VCC ( Virtual Credit Card ) and in store, I normally use plastic.
Yes, PayPal is the best for any kind of online shopping or even payments as well. For those who buy things online, PayPal gives you buyers protection. This buyers protection helps to make it possible for the buyer not to be scammed. This is why most people will never stop using PayPal.

If I visit a store physically, and they don't accept credit card payments, I use Google Pay to make the payments. If I'm buying something online, it's always my credit card. So, basically, I prefer to use my credit card to make all payments. Only in cases where I can't use it, I use GPay.

PayPal is what I used to pay for everything I get online as long as they accept PayPal payment. If they accept cryptocurrency, I wouldn't mind using it too.
It's only a few shopping stores that are open to accepting cryptocurrency for payment for their items. Cryptocurrency is coming up small in being used for paying for items online unlike 5 years ago when it sounds like scam to any store if you ask do they accept cryptocurrency.

When I started earning on my own, I always use Apple Pay because I don't get paid in cash. I used it only when my father gave me funds, because they use exactly this method of payment

Since I started making use of PayPal to pay for almost all of the things that I buy online and some of the things that I buy offline, it have been very easy for me to shop without worrying about my payment method failing me. PayPal is one of best reliable and trustworthy means to pay.

When I am paying in physical store, I either use my debit card (not a credit card), or mobile wallet. IN our country, scanning merchant QR code to make a payment through mobile banking app or mobile wallet is the most common ways to make payment. Not many people use credit cards here.

It depends, most times I usually use cash, but recently I have been making transfers with my phone rather than cash or card.

Initially I was using my card for payment, but then there was some kind of scam transaction that took place so I cancelled my card and I started making payments through transfers from my phone. Sometimes I also go with cash.

I always use my debit card it tap and pay and it doesn't get any easier than that. I have used the Samsung Tap and Pay in the past but I guess I am old school and still prefer the debit card.

These days, I tend to rely more on debit or credit cards for in-person purchases rather than using cash. I find cards to be more convenient, as I don't have to worry about carrying around and keeping track of physical bills and coins.

I prefer cash more. I know that now everyone wants to use technology and simplify payment methods, but I like to feel the money in my hands. It's nice and this way I'll be more in control of my spending

Back