Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What do you think about fear of mirrors?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
For me, this is a rather unusual fear, but once in my childhood I had such a thing that I could not look in the mirror for a long time because for some reason it caused fear in me. Maybe because my classmates told me about all kinds of spiritual entities that could appear there lol. But what do you think about it?

I personally, don't believe in superstitions but I have a cousin that whenever she would sleep over my house, she would cover a mirror that was facing my bed. According to her and many orher people, mirrors have the power to reflect and intensify both positive AND negative energy and in some cultures, it's believed that spirits from the other side can suck your soul out through the mirror! 🤷‍♀️

I never thought about that, but I certainly wouldn't want a mirror across from my bed. I don't think, however, that some spirits can take my soul, it would just be scary for me to wake up at night and suddenly see myself in the mirror
I personally, don't believe in superstitions but I have a cousin that whenever she would sleep over my house, she would cover a mirror that was facing my bed. According to her and many orher people, mirrors have the power to reflect and intensify both positive AND negative energy and in some cultures, it's believed that spirits from the other side can suck your soul out through the mirror! 🤷‍♀️

I do not have fear of mirrors, I do not know anyone who has fears of mirrors, however, I have a cousin who does not like to see himself in the mirror, he says I am too ugly to watch myself in the mirror. He is not ugly but has a lot of scars because of skin diseases when he was a kid.

The only fear for mirrors I had was when I was still young, I was told a story that we where not allowed to look at any mirror at the middle of the night cause it would attract some sort of evil spirit.

I'm rather vain and I happen to like the way I look. So I very much like looking into mirrors.

Wow, it is hard to believe that there are some people who have a fear of mirrors, like what could mirrors actually do to you? All of these are just superstition and it will be best if we outgrow these beliefs.

The fear of mirrors, or eisoptrophobia, is a fascinating and somewhat perplexing phobia. I imagine it could stem from a deep-seated discomfort with one's own reflection or a concern that the mirror may reveal something unsettling or supernatural. Personally, I don't experience any fear or anxiety around mirrors. I find them to be useful tools for things like grooming and self-reflection (both literal and figurative).

Wow, it is hard to believe that there are some people who have a fear of mirrors, like what could mirrors actually do to you? All of these are just superstition and it will be best if we outgrow these beliefs.
Well said. I don't particularly relish looking in a mirror as I am not attractive but I certainly don't fear them.

Well said. I don't particularly relish looking in a mirror as I am not attractive but I certainly don't fear them.
I don't spend much time looking at a mirror either, as a guy you shouldn't have time for that. As for the attractiveness part that you mentioned, you are not the judge of it. People tend to recognize and acknowledge our physical traits than we do ourselves.

I believe that any fear should be taken seriously. If a person is afraid of something, it should not be despised, and even more so, laughed at. Fortunately, I have no such fear

Back