Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What are the causes of gambling addiction?

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
Gambling. Just one word, but it is powerful enough to render people bankrupt, or, in very few cases, make them rich. It all depends on luck, they say.
Chronic gamblers abound out there, those who will not mind gambling away their last dime with the hope of multiplying it!
What do you think cause people to get addicted to gambling?
For me, I will say greediness. People want more than they have, so they feel that gambling is a way of increasing their finances in a short period of time. Before they know it, they have gotten addicted.
Kindly share other causes of gambling addiction that you know.

You have actually said it. One of the major causes is greed. They want to get more,or they are hoping to have an easy win, hence they keep trying and trying saying the next one we be better.

You have actually said it. One of the major causes is greed. They want to get more,or they are hoping to have an easy win, hence they keep trying and trying saying the next one we be better.
And that's how they keep losing and losing. The spirit of gambling addiction is strong, once you are caught in it, there's almost no going back.

The worse part about having a gambling addiction is that you won't even know or realize until it's too late. There are a lot of people who are already addicted to gambling but they have no idea.

The worse part about having a gambling addiction is that you won't even know or realize until it's too late. There are a lot of people who are already addicted to gambling but they have no idea.
Yeah and if you try to advise these ones they will tell you that they are not addicted. The denial will be on another level.

Of cause they won't agree because they are not aware of this themselves. They can't accept something they do not believe in.

The cause of gambling addiction is laziness and further propelled by greed. It is only a lazy person that just thinks he or she can just predict the outcome of sporting events and win money.

I will peer group influence is one of the reasons

Greed, as has been said and weak wills.

It is plain weak mentality that can make someone to be addicted to gambling. How can you be losing money and you are still addicted to that activity? It is mental weakness that is the cause and nothing else.

I will peer group influence is one of the reasons
Very true. I have a friend who went into gambling simply because some of his friends introduced him to it. He felt odd for not playing while the others where playing and apparently cashing out.

I think that problems in life are the main reason for gambling addiction because people want to get away from it all, but at the same time they hope to win a lot of money and think that it will reduce their suffering. However, everything happens on the contrary and it becomes even more difficult for them because they lose their finances

I think that problems in life are the main reason for gambling addiction because people want to get away from it all, but at the same time they hope to win a lot of money and think that it will reduce their suffering. However, everything happens on the contrary and it becomes even more difficult for them because they lose their finances
Good point, a lot of people see gambling as a means of earning some extra cash without any hard work, hence they keep on trying and trying putting in all they have time after time.

People like to get rich quickly and this is what is happening from years now and that's why these gambling companies are always making profits

I have a friend who ended up loosing everything he had due to gambling. He got so addicted to the point that he refused to listen to others.

Back