Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What are some healthy alternatives to sugary snacks?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Too much sugar is not good for your body, but sadly a lot of us eat a lot of sugars. What can be best snacks that do not contain additional sugar? Opting for fresh fruits, vegetables with hummus, Greek yogurt with berries, or a handful of nuts can satisfy cravings for something sweet while providing essential nutrients. Dark chocolate with high cocoa content is also a great option in moderation due to its antioxidants and lower sugar content.

I also used to like chocolate a lot but it contained a lot of sugar so I was forced to consume only dark chocolate and it was difficult at first but in the long run it was much better for my health

As for eating snacks which are sugary, it is not something I avail myself to doing because I try as much as possible to cut down on my sugar consumption as a result of being careful of having to suffer any kind of sugar problem. This is because it is something that runs in my family and I don't want to compromise my health for anything.

This is also why people go for freshly made fruit juice rather than going for carbonated drinks. though I am also trying to control my intake of sugar so as not to fall sick.

A bowl of frozen fruit, into the microwave it goes and you are good to go.

Orange juice and apple juice are wonderful. When I was a kid, I loved apple juice and it's still quite good. Anyway, with such energy boosters and fun mood risers, why do we need sugary snacks or drinks (sodas etc.)?

Orange juice and apple juice are wonderful. When I was a kid, I loved apple juice and it's still quite good. Anyway, with such energy boosters and fun mood risers, why do we need sugary snacks or drinks (sodas etc.)?
I also like apple juice the most, but those sold in the store are definitely not without sugar, and I have never had a device that could make juice at home from whole apples. Do you have one? Is it worth it to buy and make the juice you want?

Fruits, fruits and fruits. You can never go wrong with eating fruits. That's what I take whenever I feel the urge to consume sweet things. I have apples, bananas, pineapples, Orange and a host of other fruits to choose from.

I only eat natural sugar from fruit because sugary treats are so bad for you. I used to have a A1C of 6.2, and now it's a 5.4 which is normal. All because I quit eating sugary treats.

When looking for healthier snack options to replace sugary treats, I often turn to fresh fruits and vegetables. Things like apple slices with almond butter, berries and yogurt make for nutritious and satisfying snacks. I also enjoy snacking on nuts, seeds, and whole grain crackers or rice cakes. For a sweet fix, I'll sometimes have a square or two of dark chocolate or a small serving of Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey.

I really don't like nuts, so I replace these bars with fruit. Of course, fruits are not so nutritious, but they are much more useful. Even energy bars that are sold under the thesis that they are "useful" are not useful at all, I don't buy them

Back