Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Vladimir Putin begins his fifth term as President

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
On May 7, 2024, at an inauguration ceremony held at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia, Russian President Vladimir Putin takes the oath.

Russia is seeking support from other regimes such as China, Iran, and North Korea in the months following of the invasion of Ukraine in 2022, which has evolved into the biggest war in Europe since World War II. Russia has been subjected to harsh sanctions from the West.

What the 71-year-old Mr. Putin will do in the following six years is the current question?.

Hmmm his fifth term? It would have been nice to let new blood lead and let's see what they can do, anyways am sure the world would be watching to see his next moves in the coming years.

I am not following any world news so it was nice to see you posted about it, I hope he can learn from his previous terms and not repeat the mistakes

I don't seem to understand if the Russian people have no viable alternative to Putin. Or he has mortgaged the entire country in his pocket? I am sure that no man in my country can rule for a term that spans up to 5.

My feelings about his age suggest that this might be his last chance for becoming a president. Perhaps the nation has prospered under his leadership. Imagine that the nation is still forth and that there has been no impact on it in spite of the sanctions

They are a strong country and still have their influence on other countries and this is why their people are still supporting him

They are a strong country and still have their influence on other countries and this is why their people are still supporting him

Maybe the countrymen are happy for the decision by Putin to capture Ukraine.

Or maybe he is so influential that everyone votes for him, and maybe they are scared that if they don't vote for him, they won't be spared.

At this point, they should just turn it to a family affair. Because how can somebody be ruling for the fifth term? Is it that there are no other qualified candidates? At this point, if Putin dies his son will probably be the one to take over.

Maybe the countrymen are happy for the decision by Putin to capture Ukraine.

Or maybe he is so influential that everyone votes for him, and maybe they are scared that if they don't vote for him, they won't be spared.
Yes all these scenarios are possible and it's not a small achievement to be reelected for the 5th time, I believe they like him a lot and are satisfied with his work and achievements

Back