Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Unable to pay medical bills, Kansas City man strangles wife in hospital bed

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
A 75-year-old Kansas City man, unable to cover his wife's medical expenses, killed her while she was in a hospital bed. The woman died in the hospital where she had gone to receive a new dialysis port.

According to court documents, he admitted to authorities that he killed his wife because he was unable to provide for her or pay her medical expenses.

Isn't that odd? The cost of medical facilities has increased to the point where it is difficult for the average person to access care.

Oh wow, it's also the same issue over here in my country. The cost of medical bills is something else. People are even scared to go for checkups these days simply because they are scared of billing.

Just when I thought I have seen it all, here is this kind of news I woke up to this morning. What made him think strangling his wife to death is the best idea? How wicked does he have to be to even think of such a thing?

You don't kill your loved one because you cannot afford their medical care! Omg, you try to apply for whatever program or services the hospital has, charity care, etc. Call and complaint to your county or state officials, write to your governor, to the local paper, local news, you don't just go and strangle your loved one that's already going through a difficult time. There is definitely something wrong with this man.

You don't kill your loved one because you cannot afford their medical care! Omg, you try to apply for whatever program or services the hospital has, charity care, etc. Call and complaint to your county or state officials, write to your governor, to the local paper, local news, you don't just go and strangle your loved one that's already going through a difficult time. There is definitely something wrong with this man.
There's a lot of things wrong with him. He's probably not okay upstairs.

Back