Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Ukraine says it foiled a Russian spy agency plot to assassinate President Zelensky

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
The state security service of Ukraine announced on May 7 that counterintelligence agents there had foiled a Russian plan to kill President Volodymyr Zelensky and other prominent military and political figures.

Russian attempts to assassinate Mr. Zelensky, according to Ukrainian reports, are not new. According to Mr. Zelensky, there have been at least ten attempts on his life in 2022, and the conflict with Russia is already in its third year. Additionally, Polish authorities announced last month that a Polish man had been taken into custody on suspicion of being prepared to spy for Russia's military intelligence in an alleged assassination plot.

The Ukrainian president is a tough person and I love his dexterity and refusal to bow down. However, the balance should be that there should know when this war doesn't make sense again and call for peace.

Every world leader has to be very cautious now, life is too short and death can come from any angle at any time.

The Ukrainian president is living a very risky life these days. Russian intelligence is after him and can kill him at any time. He must live in a safe place. I doubt if he is in Ukraine; he must be hiding somewhere else.

I doubt if he is in Ukraine; he must be hiding somewhere else.
He is living in Ukraine. Do you think he would run and hide when his soldiers are fighting and dying on the front line?

I believe the reason he is not in Ukraine is that he is in danger. That's okay though, because he needs to save his own life. He has a great heart if he is in Ukraine. If he is in Ukraine, he might be receiving heavy security from other nations.

If he is in Ukraine, he might be receiving heavy security from other nations.
He sends out tweets everyday from Ukraine and you can see the landmarks around Kiev that he is walking around. Added to that he gets visits by world leaders almost daily in Kiev. In hiding? You've been watching too many spy movies.

You are selling the Ukrainians short as their security is quite good, and is up to the job of protecting Zelensky.

Back