Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

To those from Nigeria, what happens to your protest?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
The eyes and ears of the world know about the many days of protests in Nigeria. It was aimed to end the bad governance of President Tinubo. I also learned that the president instead of giving what the people demanded. He only said to understand his governance. I understand the struggles of the protesters and the frustrations why haven't heard despite their long days of protest. May we know, if the protest in Nigeria ended peacefully and have all the demands granted by the government?

I am sorry to say that I am not even aware of the protest and I hope this protest will help make the Government realize its mistakes

The eyes and ears of the world know about the many days of protests in Nigeria. It was aimed to end the bad governance of President Tinubo. I also learned that the president instead of giving what the people demanded. He only said to understand his governance. I understand the struggles of the protesters and the frustrations why haven't heard despite their long days of protest. May we know, if the protest in Nigeria ended peacefully and have all the demands granted by the government?
Actually you are right and a lot of innocent people lost there lives during the protest and the protest did not end up peacefully because people were shot without any concrete reason and the worst part is that the government hasn't realized their mistakes and up to now alot of people are facing hardship in many others like starvation hunger kills alot.

I am sorry to say that I am not even aware of the protest and I hope this protest will help make the Government realize its mistakes
The protest began since August 1st to August 10 and up to they haven't realized their mistakes and were still facing hardship in the country economy

Notting came out of the protest. At least here in my location the protest has ended and notting came out of it. It's just like they wasted their time. This was one of the reasons I did not show interest cause I know the government would not be phrased in anyway.

This usually happens in the protests and it's not a guarantee that the Government will listen to our demands and many innocent people lost their lives so its terrible already

Actually you are right and a lot of innocent people lost there lives during the protest and the protest did not end up peacefully because people were shot without any concrete reason and the worst part is that the government hasn't realized their mistakes and up to now alot of people are facing hardship in many others like starvation hunger kills alot.

The protest began since August 1st to August 10 and up to they haven't realized their mistakes and were still facing hardship in the country economy
Sorry to hear about the outcome of the protest
Why were some of the protesters killed??? That was inhuman. Those protesters didn't have guns to shot back. President Tinubo is heartless and brainless. He better step down as president of Nigeria.

It made news for a while on various online news sources and social media platforms. Seems like things did not stay peaceful and it turned out to be violent. There was a blame game ( I get it from social media news sources) between the government and the protestors. Protestors blame government to make the protest violent by making police shoot the protestors. The government said that they were forced to shoot as protestors got violent. And several lives were lost with no concrete outcome. I have not received any further update in the last few days about the protest and not aware about the recent update.

It made news for a while on various online news sources and social media platforms. Seems like things did not stay peaceful and it turned out to be violent. There was a blame game ( I get it from social media news sources) between the government and the protestors. Protestors blame government to make the protest violent by making police shoot the protestors. The government said that they were forced to shoot as protestors got violent. And several lives were lost with no concrete outcome. I have not received any further update in the last few days about the protest and not aware about the recent update.
Yea some places was rather violent. Like in the capital city, there where cases where the police started using tear gas on those protesting. Then there were cases where the protesters started destroying properties.

It's so sad police shot the protesters to death when they only voiced our their demands to their weak and crooked government. They might be like the protesters in Bangladesh 100 protesters were shot like birds. The world condemned the shooting of the 100 people who did nothing but expressing their sentiments to their government.

It's well though, the truth of the matter is that our government does not really care about our needs, they are just after their own gain.

It's sad and unfortunate! There are so many protests. Some are for genuine reasons and start peacefully. Then some get misguided by political and other selfish motives and loose their real value. Some are provoked with a big evil plan behind that. Whatever be the case, the innocent lives are lost and they suffer without getting the real justice.

It's well though, the truth of the matter is that our government does not really care about our needs, they are just after their own gain.
That's bad which is why the protesters called their protest End the Bad Governance. What a shame to President Tinubo feeling dumb of the cry of the masses. He should be ousted. The leader of the protest better invite the US President to help them oust your president.

That's bad which is why the protesters called their protest End the Bad Governance. What a shame to President Tinubo feeling dumb of the cry of the masses. He should be ousted. The leader of the protest better invite the US President to help them oust your president.
Lol i honestly don't know what they where expecting to happen. This is the same man that committed havoc during the end SARS protest. Anyways may God help us.

Lol i honestly don't know what they where expecting to happen. This is the same man that committed havoc during the end SARS protest. Anyways may God help us.
I read news that the protest there continues and the crowd got bigger from tens of hundreds now to millions. How true is it? What will happen to the works of the protesters? What happens to their families? They better stop and wait for the president to decide.

I read news that the protest there continues and the crowd got bigger from tens of hundreds now to millions. How true is it? What will happen to the works of the protesters? What happens to their families? They better stop and wait for the president to decide.
Some places still tried their best to continue the protest though, but the one in my city has died down a long time and people are moving on with their day to day activities.

@Scorpion . If that's true, it doesn't sound good. Millions protesting on the streets can cause a total unrest in the country. And some bad elements might misuse this and cause troubles like inciting violence for their own petty gains. Many have nothing to do with the genuine cause behind any protest. They just want to earn brownie points for their petty reasons and misguide and provoke people.

Some places still tried their best to continue the protest though, but the one in my city has died down a long time and people are moving on with their day to day activities.
It's distressing to know that other protesters gave up without a single demand granted by President Tinubo. It's a shame on his presidency many died and he remained shameless. It's better to stop and wait for the next election. Hoping your presidential election is nearer from now.

It's distressing to know that other protesters gave up without a single demand granted by President Tinubo. It's a shame on his presidency many died and he remained shameless. It's better to stop and wait for the next election. Hoping your presidential election is nearer from now.
Anyways let's just watch and see how things would go from here on out.

The Nigerian youths were not serious about the protests. They didn't have the support of influential people. The protests were scanty. Didn't even hold at all in my location. The only tool the Nigerian youths have to use and make a change is elections coming up in the next three years.

Anyways let's just watch and see how things would go from here on out.
Do you mean to say that until this time the protest is ongoing? What will happen to their work or daily activities? Those student protesters, their grades will be affected. They better stop their protest and move on. Let the time heal their broken hearts and dreams for not being heard by President Tinubo.

Back