Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News They were promised jobs in Russia. They ended up fighting in Ukraine.

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Families in India are telling similar tales of men who left India to find employment overseas: They were forced to serve alongside the Russian military in its conflict with Ukraine after being lured to Russia with promises of jobs as housekeepers or cooks. Azad Yousuf Kumar, 31, the son of the Begum, departed India for the United Arab Emirates in December. She claimed that a consultant had promised him a job as a housekeeper in Dubai.

But according to Begum, with whom Kumar has been exchanging voice messages, "he was informed that there were no available jobs in the UAE" after he arrived. Kumar told his mother that Khan persuaded him to go to Russia and work in a kitchen, telling him he could still find employment abroad.

Begum stated, "My son had sustained injuries during the training period." "He was sent near the border, where a deadly battle was taking place, and was not allowed to have a proper rest."

This is the story of a person who was trapped in Russia. There are lots of people who getting trapped there daily by giving false assurance of a job. All I understand that people must be careful while applying a job outside their country.

"SO BE CAREFUL"

This is very bad and outrageous. It's good that people like you are taking this story out of the shadows and shedding light on it.

That's one story. There are lots of people like "Kumar" who have been lured out of the job and are living a life like hell. Similar stories were heard from Nepal, where poor people were assured of a good job in Russia, and there they were asked to fight against Ukraine as a job.

There have been lots of cases like this, over here there have been cases where people were lured out of the country with the hopes of greener pasture, only for them to be sold into something else.

Can it be called human trafficking?

Maybe Russia needs more soldiers, or they don't want their soldiers to get killed in the war. For them, the people from other countries are like labor for which they are getting paid, and once they die, the Russian government doesn't worry even if they die in the war.

Yea some where cases of human trafficking, some years back there was a similar case, only for one of the girls to be deported back extremely sick. When taken to the hospital, they found out some of her organs where missing. I guess they simply took her there to steal her organs so they can sell in the black market probably.

Yea some where cases of human trafficking, some years back there was a similar case, only for one of the girls to be deported back extremely sick. When taken to the hospital, they found out some of her organs where missing. I guess they simply took her there to steal her organs so they can sell in the black market probably.

Oh, that's so sad!!

People can do anything for money. I have also heard such cases here in India where human organs are stolen and sold in the market. This is horrible; such people should be arrested, and their organs should be taken out and sold. Let them feel what they are giving to others.

Oh, that's so sad!!

People can do anything for money. I have also heard such cases here in India where human organs are stolen and sold in the market. This is horrible; such people should be arrested, and their organs should be taken out and sold. Let them feel what they are giving to others.
I completely agree with this, this is just pure wickedness, this same people would be protecting their loved ones to ensure this doesn't happen to them at all.

Well technically they got a job. I mean they get to fight as soldiers, that's a job is it not? Don't mind me, I just find this funny. 😃

Back