Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

The Impact of Social Media on Mental Health: How Can We Strike a Balance?

aktershirin

Newcomer

Reaction score
  • Limit Screen Time: Set boundaries for how much time you spend on social media each day. Consider using apps or features that track your usage and remind you to take breaks.
  • Be Selective About Platforms: Choose to engage with social media platforms that have a positive impact on your mental well-being. Consider unfollowing or muting accounts that make you feel stressed, anxious, or inadequate.
  • Curate Your Feed: Follow accounts that inspire, educate, and uplift you. Curate your social media feed to include content that aligns with your interests, values, and goals.
  • Practice Mindful Consumption: Be mindful of how you engage with social media content. Notice how it makes you feel and take breaks if you start to feel overwhelmed or distressed.

The only way to stick a balance the way I see it is self discipline. There should be a limit when it comes to the amount of time you spend on social media.

To strike a balance, practice moderation by setting time limits and breaks. Be mindful of who you follow to curate a positive feed and Most importantly, find fulfillment from real-world experiences and self-acceptance beyond like counts.

Don't let social media rob you of your sleep, that's the mistake many people make in this days. They can spend all night on social media platforms, and this lack of sleep can damage the health.

It used to affect me not on my mental health, but on my physical health, because I could sit and eat while scrolling the pages of social networks, and it greatly affected my posture. I even had to see a doctor

Curating your feeds doesn't work because no matter how much you try, paid boosted posts would still be shown to you and it could be that particular subject doesn't sit well with your mental tolerance.

Back