Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Some people say moving house is one of the most stressful experiences a person can have. Do you agree?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I have to agree with this because even though we have never moved to a new house but have seen people moving and its quite stressful to pack and repack and then adjust with new people.

Some people say moving house is one of the most stressful experiences a person can have. Do you agree?

It's definitely one of the most stressful things out there but not the most stressful. The main work is unpacking from the old house to the new one.

This is the other reason why I am not pushing myself for a switch even though I wanted to shift to a better place.

Yes, I agree and realized it when we shifted to a rented house as our new home was getting constructed and then when shifted to the new house. It's very cumbersome to pack everything and unpack it.

I agreed on this because I had the experience of moving from one house to the other. It's really frustrating, demanding and stressful. I cried my eyes out when I am packing and unpacking everything. Anyway, I'm enjoying it now.

I have seen this happen with my colleagues who happens to be from other states as they stay on rent and need to change after some time

The funny thing or should I say the worse part is that during the move, you tend to loose certain things. During our move, we lost so many things along the way. I don't know if it was the people who helped us moved or something else.

Yes, its absolutely, excruciatingly, bloody awful. I never want to me again. I think a lot of the issue is the archaic rules we have here in the UK about estate agents, solicitors, etc. There are too many people involved in the process. I'm sure its the same elsewhere with escrow or whatever.

The only thing I do like about moving house is that it forces you to really think about all the clutter and crap you have in your house. Are you going to want to take every single one of those it just might come in useful things with you?

Yes it's one of the most stressful things most of us go through in our lives. You have to pack everything up, then rent a truck to move everything into a new house and then you need to organize things and unpack. We moved into our current house almost three years ago and we still have things packed in boxes. :V

Back