Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Sick of tourists, Japan town blocks view of Mount Fuji

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
The most famous sight in Japan is viewable for miles, but the people who live in Fujikawaguchiko are tired of seeing large numbers of mostly foreign tourists litter, trespass, and violate traffic rules in an attempt to get a picture to post on social media.

According to locals, they would climb the snow-capped peak from behind a convenience store into the sky by parking illegally, violating a smoking restriction, and pounding a pavement.

Officials from the area have expressed worries about the safety and environmental effects of the crowding on the active volcano, which is a popular tourist destination and a symbol of Japan.

Konichiwa @Sanjeev san, ogen ka desu ka? Watashi no namae Mad Hatter desu tomodachi-e. The Japanese people do not like foreigners to begin with. That is a fact, don't believe me? Then just go and talk to my ex Japanese girlfriend, and she will tell you the way she told me. 👩‍🎤

If they are tired of this, then they should take action by ensuring there are officials there to prevent people from using there.

Thats strange!!!

I don't think they are superior to everyone. Yes, they are better than many of us in work and technology, but not in everything. We have lots of Japanese who work in our company, and I have seen how good they are.

They are a very proud people who are somewhat elitist. They feel superior to other cultures and in many ways, they are.
I think this is mostly common with most Asian countries, like the Chinese and Koreans they are known to treat foreigners badly most times.

I don't know about others, but here in India, tourists are treated well. Most of the foreigners come here to get a glimpse of "Taj Mahal." The locals there try to loot you, but if you have a guide with you, you will enjoy your time.

That's just how it is though. There are places where we have friendly people and then there are places we don't.

Konichiwa @Sanjeev san, ogen ka desu ka? Watashi no namae Mad Hatter desu tomodachi-e. The Japanese people do not like foreigners to begin with. That is a fact, don't believe me? Then just go and talk to my ex Japanese girlfriend, and she will tell you the way she told me. 👩‍🎤
I guess one good thing about having a Japanese girlfriend is that you get to learn some Japanese!

They might as well build a huge wall around their city to prevent outsiders from coming in. Utter balderdash!

Back