Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Should Onana be benched?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Onana has continued to perform beyond expectations at Manchester United. The goalkeeper hasn't stopped conceeeding cheap goals. Do you think it is high time he is dropped for the second goal keeper?

I don't think that Onana should be dropped. Don't forget, there is a time he was making very huge saves. The talent is there, the potential is there, but the whole team lacks confidence now. Let's see the team pick up confidence and how he would perform. And also, cheap goals is not altogether a goalkeeper's fault. Question the defence too.

This is really a very cool goalkeeper, but in my opinion, he can't adapt to the team and that's why he misses such shots due to stress or something else. It is necessary to try to change the psychological approach within the team, but I do not know what they actually say to him and how they treat him

If Manchester United should be patient with Onana, he would eventually come good. There have been moments this season his heroics has saved us from imminent defeats. The problem is consistency which I believe he would build with time. And also, that defence should be overhauled.

I don't really like this goalkeeper because he's definitely not a worthy replacement for De Gea, but in my opinion United can't hope for the best because they have problems now and some of the players don't want to play for them

If he is not in form at the moment, then I think benching him for now till he gets back to prime shape would be the best option for the team. Though they have to replace him with someone who can actually perform.

While Onana has made a few costly errors recently, I don't think it's time to drop him just yet. Goalkeepers will always have the occasional lapse in concentration that leads to cheap goals against. The important thing is how they respond mentally.

I think that Onana is a very good goalkeeper, that was evident in his exploit with inter Milan in the champions league last season. He was just unlucky to be in a man United team which their defense is absolute shambles.

Back