Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Should animals be kept in zoos or wildlife sanctuaries?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I think animals should be kept in the wild life sanctuaries than in zoos. This is because wild life sanctuaries give them the natural habitat where as in zoos the environment is not like this. Sanctuaries have limited access to the public so animals may stay there easily unlike in the zoos. Sanctuaries are costly to maintain. But still I prefer them because the animals get the natural habitat to live in unlike in the zoo where the animals are kept in the cages.

I think it would be better they just leave them alone in wide life. That's their natural habitant. Zoos should probably be for used to preserve animals who are at risk of extinction.

Wild life sanctuaries are used to preserve animales from extinction not zoos I guess.

It depends on the decision of your local government. It is also unlawful to keep a jaguar as pet in your home. You are only allowed to keep an animal in your home as pet like a cat or dog. Somebody was caught keeping a baby tiger in his home and was mandated to return him to the wildlife as his habitat.

@Scorpion I was talking about zoo and wild life sanctuaries not about peting wild animals.

Back