Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Scary tales from childhood

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
I believe while growing up, we might have been told several tales by adults that where abit scary back then. I remember I was told to never swallow an orange seed because if I do, a tree would grow out from my stomach to my out and out. I was so scared, then a day came I mistakenly swallowed some. I cried for so long. Someone had to explain to me notting would happen. Can you share some scary tales from your childhood?

I was also told not to swallow a gum but I did swallow it unconsciously. I sobbed so hard when my sister told me that the gum will grow on my stomach. I was 6 years old that time when I tasted a gum first time. When my father arrived home he was angry at my elder sister for scaring me. My dad prepared one glass of mil and drank it. After 4 hours, the gum was removed when I defeated it. Hurray!!!

We were told that if I stepped on my sister when she was lying down, she would never grow up. We were really afraid of it and one day my sister started crying a lot because of it and they told me a cheat code that you can step in the opposite direction and then the curse will be lifted, I remember her begging me to do it

I believe while growing up, we might have been told several tales by adults that where abit scary back then. I remember I was told to never swallow an orange seed because if I do, a tree would grow out from my stomach to my out and out. I was so scared, then a day came I mistakenly swallowed some. I cried for so long. Someone had to explain to me notting would happen. Can you share some scary tales from your childhood?
I was told the similar thing and now while remembering this I laugh so hard. Parents do create these scary stories to keep us away from trouble

I was told the similar thing and now while remembering this I laugh so hard. Parents do create these scary stories to keep us away from trouble
Indeed it's just so funny right now, but back then we where so scared about it.

Indeed it's just so funny right now, but back then we where so scared about it.
Yes with orange seeds and also watermelon seeds and actually any type of seeds for that matter.

Back