Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Running a Hosting Company

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Who has done it? Who has thought about it? What might be some challenges and if you ran one, what obstacles did you face?

I've never owned not to think about running a hosting company. I don't know how to start this kind of project even if I have the money to finance it.

I have not tried my hands to run a hosting company but I have a desire to start a hosting company. I do not have funds to set up servers, therefore, I am looking forward to use reseller hosting. I find reseller hosting program really interesting as you can run a hosting business without actually setting up servers.

I have not tried my hands to run a hosting company but I have a desire to start a hosting company. I do not have funds to set up servers, therefore, I am looking forward to use reseller hosting. I find reseller hosting program really interesting as you can run a hosting business without actually setting up servers.
It is not required to have hardware equipment to install servers. Some server providers could provide you to rent servers and pay as you go. In the middle, you could use the rented space to run your hosting provider server and increase space as long as you receive commands and set up your margin. That is how half of them are operating nowadays.

It is not required to have hardware equipment to install servers. Some server providers could provide you to rent servers and pay as you go. In the middle, you could use the rented space to run your hosting provider server and increase space as long as you receive commands and set up your margin. That is how half of them are operating nowadays.
Yes, I am aware of the fact that instead of setting up your own server, you can rest server space. But this calls for investment. If you want to start small, reseller hosting program is best, you can easily run a hosting business by spending around $25 per month, which is not possible by renting server space. B the way, as a reseller, you are also renting server space.

Who has done it? Who has thought about it? What might be some challenges and if you ran one, what obstacles did you face?

I wouldn't consider winning a hosting company because I'm sure I don't have the money to do so. It's a big project which not everyone can be able to run successfully.

I wouldn't consider winning a hosting company because I'm sure I don't have the money to do so. It's a big project which not everyone can be able to run successfully.
It is not required to run a hosting company since there are many on the market, and it is a job intended for a company not someone having a PC and a connection this is to resume everything, means do not overdream.

If only I had the skills. I want to do that. I can manage the funds, not an issue. But security is a nightmare in hosting industry.

Back