Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Reducing screen time and digital overload in daily life

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
All of us are getting overloaded by screens. What are some strategies for reducing screen time and digital overload in daily life? I think setting up boundaries around screen time by designating specific periods for technology use and implementing digital detoxes or screen-free zones in your home can be very helpful. Engaging in offline activities such as hobbies, exercise, and spending time with loved ones to reduce reliance on screens and promote overall well-being.

It is very important for you to make sure that whatever you are doing when it comes to working online and the number of hours which you spend on screen on daily basis is reduced so that the negative impact it is having on your eyes is not something that is going to be detrimental to your eyes for a long time.

For me I try my best to setup other activities that does not include the use of my smartphone or my laptop. Then I usually go on morning walks each day. This would help me reduce the amount of screentime.

I have never counted how many hours I actually spend with my mobile phone, but I guess I am using my mobile phone for at least 6 hours in a day.
That's because I am social media content creator and I have to create a lot of content, and post these content on curious social media platforms. It does not matter how many hours you are spending on screen what actually matters is what you do during your screen time

When the world is moving to remote work, how would we be able to reduce screen time? For someone like me, I spend up to 8 hours daily on screen as a freelance writer. I just hope with time, I would be more established and wouldn't have to work much to earn well.

Handling screen time is indeed challenging. People who use computers for work have to additionally use other smart devices to stay afloat.

That makes it even harder to keep you eyes and neck safe.

It is true that one should strike a balance between time spent on screens and physical activities. Thankfully, I had parents that set rules at to what extent we can be on our phones and computers, and that has help me to be disciplined and not overspend my time on phones and gadgets.

People like me never had the luxury of digital discipline as we were already old enough when smart devices were taking over. I really think there should be some rules when you get started with it.

I agree with what has been said on this thread, but for me there is no way out. I do the majority of my work from home. It all started with Covid and it just kept going. I spend so much time onscreen that my eyes are going.

Children these days have the worst issue. They got so much screen time at school already in the name of innovation. Then they need to work the rest from home, then having fun. Together, at a young age they will have get glasses.

To combat digital overload, I try to implement a few key strategies. First, I set screen time limits on my devices and designate certain times of day as "no-screen" zones, like during meals or before bedtime. I also make an effort to take regular breaks from my screens to engage in other activities like reading, exercising, or spending time in nature.

I tried a lot of methods because it really bothered me and now I was able to reduce my time but not as much as I wanted and I am gradually reducing it. I deleted all the networks I don't need and I only have Instagram left, and to reduce time even more, I unsubscribed from many bloggers in order not to view their stories

On the negative side too much screen time is bad for the eyes. On the positive side lots of screen time stimulates the brain.

Boundaries are for sure something that you should have in place to prevent yourself from having too much screen time. If you can get boundaries into place and stick with them, you can get yourself into a better routine when it comes to screen time.

The issue is that even though we create boundaries and routines, so much is relied on screens now it can be difficult to stick to something.

I don't have a problem with it now because I spend most of my time with my children, so I don't have enough time to just spend time in front of my smartphone or computer. With the appearance of my first child, it was difficult for me because, like everyone else, I spent a lot of time on my smartphone, but over time I almost forgot about my smartphone because it was very interesting to observe the children and how they develop

Even the elderly people are getting more engrossed in the screen of their device's nowadays. Gadgets has become almost indispensable to humans. But with discipline, we can control it.

Actually technology have gone very far and its hard to be control digital overloaded time because many people tends to be earning money online and no one will be tired of earning online unless the price rate was very low

Back