Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Putin orders nuclear drills.

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
The Russian president has ordered nuclear drills near Ukraine in response to threats from western officials to deploy NATO troops to Ukraine. The situation seems to be worsening. This may be the start of a world war, I think. I wish war would end soon, as nothing can be derived from war. I hope Putin understands it now after struggling to capture Ukraine in a year's time span.

This is very serious indeed. I think Putin is also pissed off that the U.S. just voted to send Ukraine 65 billion in aide.

This is just one sad news. Until when do we have to keep hearing things like this? To be honest, I wake up everyday hoping that Putin will have a change of mind and just declare a ceasefire, am I asking for too much?

@Teegold No, I don't believe he will now have second thoughts. He appears to be a highly arrogant man who will use all of his money to take control of Ukraine. He does not realize how much it will cost him to conquer Ukraine. Nobody can make him rethink.

These days all we can hear of are countries eager to fight wars. I really just hope things doesn't fall out of hand in the long run with how things are going.

@Teegold No, I don't believe he will now have second thoughts. He appears to be a highly arrogant man who will use all of his money to take control of Ukraine. He does not realize how much it will cost him to conquer Ukraine. Nobody can make him rethink.
Now that is sad, I guess there is no hope of him turning back right now. What I actually feel pity for you are the thousands of soldiers who will probably get sacrificed in his foolish course.

Now that is sad, I guess there is no hope of him turning back right now. What I actually feel pity for you are the thousands of soldiers who will probably get sacrificed in his foolish course.

The Russian government is wealthy; they can hire soldiers. Recently, I read that they hired lots of Nepali soldiers to fight with Ukrainians. That's sad because Putin is willing to stretch the war and is not thinking of stopping it.

I am saddened at how this war has gone on for so long and there is nothing that can resolve it. Russia wants to use nuclear weapons? Is it that there is no nation or entity in the whole world that can stop Russia?

Is it that there is no nation or entity in the whole world that can stop Russia?
Napoleon tried to invade Russia and he failed miserably as did Hitler. The Russians will never give up and the war will go on and on. Helping Ukraine is only prolonging the death toll and the misery. Personally I don't give a damn about Ukraine, and am sick and tired of my tax dollars going to pay for this war.

Back