Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Nepal's Supreme Court orders limit on Mount Everest climbing permits

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Nepal's Supreme Court has ordered the government to limit the number of mountaineering permits issued for Everest and other peaks, a lawyer confirmed Friday, just as expeditions prepare for the spring climbing season.

The verdict's summary said that the mountains' capacity "must be respected" and an appropriate maximum number of permits should be determined.

Good one, I have heard some news about people who have lost their lives simply be because of their quest to reach the top. Though I know some persons will not obey this restrictions and still try to get to the very top.

So if the limit of people that climb the mountain is exceeded, will it make the mountain break down or what? Because I don't see to understand what the repercussion will be.

So if the limit of people that climb the mountain is exceeded, will it make the mountain break down or what? Because I don't see to understand what the repercussion will be.

This is because of the pollution the people create there. It's hard to control whatever restrictions the government makes. I have seen people here in Delhi excited for the trekking, and nature has to suffer because of the tourists. Maybe if they decrease the number of tourists, they will be able to reduce the pollution a bit.

This is because of the pollution the people create there. It's hard to control whatever restrictions the government makes. I have seen people here in Delhi excited for the trekking, and nature has to suffer because of the tourists. Maybe if they decrease the number of tourists, they will be able to reduce the pollution a bit.
Okay I can understand that. But those people that pollute such places are terrible! It actually shows the kind of person they are when it comes to personal hygiene. Very dirty set of people.

Back