Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Nearly 40,000 people died home alone in Japan this year, report says

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
According to a report by the Japanese police, about 40,000 persons passed away in their homes in Japan during the first half of 2024. According to the National Police Agency, of that amount, around 4,000 were found more than a month after they died, and 130 bodies were missing for a year before they were found. According to the United Nations, Japan now has the oldest population in the world. There are moments when I feel envious of Japan due to their smaller and declining population in comparison to ours in India. Do you reside in a nation that is overpopulated?

40,000? And they still have so much people in the country? Wow that's a lot. Don't worry about India, am sure a good solution would come up soon.

According to a report by the Japanese police, about 40,000 persons passed away in their homes in Japan during the first half of 2024. According to the National Police Agency, of that amount, around 4,000 were found more than a month after they died, and 130 bodies were missing for a year before they were found. According to the United Nations, Japan now has the oldest population in the world. There are moments when I feel envious of Japan due to their smaller and declining population in comparison to ours in India. Do you reside in a nation that is overpopulated?
No my resident is very sparsely populated for that matter.

Hmm...let's see what our PM does. There should be some rule regarding it. It's hard to live in a country where the density is too high, everywhere you see a crowd.

Hmm...let's see what our PM does. There should be some rule regarding it. It's hard to live in a country where the density is too high, everywhere you see a crowd.
I can imagine, it would lead poor supply of resources, and could even lead to increase in crime over time as well.

Yes, it is happening here these days but the things have improved a bit in last few years. PM Modi has done several things well.

Back