Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

My forum crashed

Speaks

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I’m so mad I don’t know what to do if I should start over with xenforo? Or another free service?

What happened exactly?
I went in to change an image and ended up losing the board theme entirely and I can’t make it look the way it did I had to force the default theme and can’t do anything else 😤😤 xenforo is a bit out of my price range. I really want to have a forum.

I went in to change an image and ended up losing the board theme entirely and I can’t make it look the way it did I had to force the default theme and can’t do anything else 😤😤 xenforo is a bit out of my price range. I really want to have a forum.
I’m sorry to hear that. I’m not familiar with Forumotion but maybe they do regular backups and could restore your forum to its previous state for you? Worth a try.

XenForo is a little expensive but there’s also MyBB and phpBB which are both free and good in their own right.

My original forum was with Proboards but I went with Forumotion because I liked the software much better. But the last little bit I have to deal with it crashing and having to force the default and now I can’t do anything with it. If I start over again I don’t think people will join after me starting over before for other reasons. This time it’s out of my control. 😤 sigh

Decided to give Proboards another go. And changed the name. I hated having to do that.

phpBB, MyBB, SMF. There are many free forum software solutions. You can get really cheap webhosting and then YOU have full control. You won't be limited by what the free host allows. You will also get lots of help and support at https://admin-junkies.com and https://forumpromotion.net in your new self-hosted venture.

This is exactly what I would recommend for you to do because they are better option which are cheaper for you to base your new forum project on. This is so that you don't start having the forum crash suddenly causing you will lose everything.

Do you have enough funds to pay for subscriptions and add ons, and can you also renew your subscriptions without struggling with your finances? In that case, buy premium software like xenforo. However, if you are short of funds just like me use open source forum management software. I think SMF is best.

Every forum software also has a customer support so you should contact them and take the required help

Back