Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Movies Movies from Black and White Area

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Do you watch movies from black and white era? What are your favorite movies from black and white era? I like watching movies from black and white era. One of my all time best movies from this era is Hiroshima Mon Amor. This is a movie based on Second World War. Another great movie from this era is 400 Blows, a movie about coming out of age.

I cannot remember the last movie which I watched in B&W. I don't watch them anymore. If I see any movie made in B&W now, I'll never be interested in watching it. B&W is used in some scenes in Oppenheimer.

I haven't tried to get into them. In fact, the only black and white movie I've seen (really paid attention to) wasn't from old times. It was Schindler's List.

Raid on Entebbe would be one movie from years ago which I believe was acted some of its scenes in black and white. The movie needs a remake today because it's a great real life event movie.

Hotel Rwanda and Sometimes in April is a kind of movie from this Black and White time in movies production. Although, both of the movies had colour in it but it wasn't sharp as movies used to be today.

I do enjoy watching classic black and white films from cinema's golden age. Some of my favorite movies from this era include Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and The Maltese Falcon. There is a timeless elegance and artistry to black and white films that I find captivating.

My girlfriend and I like to watch movies posted by the "Silver Screen Classics" t.v. channel. In fact we will be watching 2 movies this weekend. One is a b&w movie from 1942 and the other is from 1957. Once in awhile we will even go waaaaaaaay back and watch a b&w silent film.

I don't watch them. There was a time I tried watching some and I really didn't like it. I found it kind of boring. Though I have come across a few interesting ones but to be honest, notting beats coloured television.

I have watched many during childhood days though current cinemas during my childhood were colour ones. But they would show some classic old black and white movies on weekends. We didn't have much option of entertainment then and we would enjoy that.

Not always. I watch them when some good Bollywood movies are telecasted on TV. Few of my favourite black and white movies are CID, Mughal e azam, Nagin and many more to name here. Yes, they look dull but that's fine.

Back