Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Losing your voice? How does it feel?

King Belieal

Veteran

Reaction score
I have had a serious cough that has made me to lose my voice. And I barely can say anything as it stands now. I have tried different remedies but it seems my voice wants to take its own course to get restored?

Lost your voice before? How did you get it restored?

Sorry bro. I hope you get your voice back. I cannot imagine to live without it.

I never had a problem with my voice so I can't help you out with it. You should visit a doctor for the same.

I had this problem of losing my voice once and it never occur again. Losing a voice is a terrible sickness because there are people that think you are acting up and there's no way you can explain yourself to them because there's no voice.

It can be very painful and annoying cause you know there is a change in your body and there is nothing you can do about it. Try taking garlic and ginger mixed with hot water. It should help.

I can't even imagine the situation and I hope no one faces this situation,take care and I hope you are fine now

That is a temporary issue. Please take good care. You should have it back soon. Some home remedies like steaming, gargle with betadine, hot ginger tea etc help with cough and congestion. It must be painful and annoying.
I have heard of stories where people have lost their voice for good owing to accidents and medical reasons.

That is a temporary issue. Please take good care. You should have it back soon. Some home remedies like steaming, gargle with betadine, hot ginger tea etc help with cough and congestion. It must be painful and annoying.
I have heard of stories where people have lost their voice for good owing to accidents and medical reasons.
Yes hot ginger does help a lot. I have used this before and it was very effective.

I hope you feel better soon and your voice comes back!

I’ve dealt with this before and I sipped tea with honey & took cough drops to help me get my voice back.

Tea with honey does help with soothing the sore throat. Honey and ginger together with warm water is also very effective home remedy. You can try that too. Hope that you are feeling better now. Having enough Vitamin C in your diet helps you build your immunity.

I can't explain this feeling because I have never felt it before. I have seen some who lost their voice from shouting, and I used to wonder why it is so.

Some professions come with these kinds of professional hazards. One of my friend worked as a High School teacher for more than a decade. Her job demanded her to talk for 5-6 hours every day. She lost her voice for few weeks and doctors suggested that she has to give some long rest to her voice else she might loose it for good..she had to quit her job.

Some professions come with these kinds of professional hazards. One of my friend worked as a High School teacher for more than a decade. Her job demanded her to talk for 5-6 hours every day. She lost her voice for few weeks and doctors suggested that she has to give some long rest to her voice else she might loose it for good..she had to quit her job.
Teaching was never an easy job. How did she lost her voice, was she shouting in the classroom. In all we do, we need to take care of ourselves first.

Teaching was never an easy job. How did she lost her voice, was she shouting in the classroom. In all we do, we need to take care of ourselves first.
She had a bit loud voice. She was not shouting as such but talking constantly at a stretch for hours and hours. She had back to back classes. It seems that the vocal cord was too tired and needed rest.

She had a bit loud voice. She was not shouting as such but talking constantly at a stretch for hours and hours. She had back to back classes. It seems that the vocal cord was too tired and needed rest.
Unless it's like this, i won't have believe that a teacher can lost her voice in the classroom. I understand the way the she takes back to back classes and stretching the voice for hours caused the lost of voice.

Unless it's like this, i won't have believe that a teacher can lost her voice in the classroom. I understand the way the she takes back to back classes and stretching the voice for hours caused the lost of voice.
Actually, it was not complete loss. Her voice texture started changing and she had discomfort in talking. She was scared as it could indicate something serious. But fortunately, it was just a tired vocal cord that wanted some rest. My father in law started with such symptoms and it was diagnosed as a throat cancer.

Actually, it was not complete loss. Her voice texture started changing and she had discomfort in talking. She was scared as it could indicate something serious. But fortunately, it was just a tired vocal cord that wanted some rest. My father in law started with such symptoms and it was diagnosed as a throat cancer.
Oh, I get it now. There's nothing to fear, she will get her voice back and there's no need of being scared about it.

Oh, I get it now. There's nothing to fear, she will get her voice back and there's no need of being scared about it.
It was almost a decade ago. She left her teaching job and with few months of complete rest, it was back to her normal voice. She changed her profession and now she is all okay.

Back