Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Locking of the threads.

Sanjeev

Veteran
Top Poster Of Month

Reaction score
I would suggest that there must be a rule that a thread is locked after few days. As after sometimes the thread becomes outdated and become meaningless. For example there is no meaning of welcoming a member after an year and that too when he/she is inactive on the site.

I would suggest that there must be a rule that a thread is locked after few days. As after sometimes the thread becomes outdated and become meaningless. For example there is no meaning of welcoming a member after an year and that too when he/she is inactive on the site.
Whilst I agree with you that some threads have no reason to be replied to after a year or more such as welcome threads, some threads many years after creation could still be valuable to add to the discussion.

Over the last month, we have been monitoring things based on the actions of all members of Discussion Hub and there will be changes made before the next contest to be sure that they are kept fair and fun for everyone :)

We will be making a post on the changes once they take place.

Whilst I agree with you that some threads have no reason to be replied to after a year or more such as welcome threads, some threads many years after creation could still be valuable to add to the discussion.

Over the last month, we have been monitoring things based on the actions of all members of Discussion Hub and there will be changes made before the next contest to be sure that they are kept fair and fun for everyone :)

We will be making a post on the changes once they take place.

Thanks for the prompt reply.👍

Yes, we should constantly make some changes for the betterment of the site. Waiting to see some new rules here.

Okay then, let's wait and see what the changes would be 🤔😁

I'm pretty confident that the changes will bring about a positive development to DH. The constant growth of this forum is something we all want.

If there are no rewards involve members can post anything, anywhere (well, I am not talking about spam), however, if you are participating in reward program, for instance paid posting or contest, you should only post on main forums, not on forum games or introduction sections. I think this should be mentioned in future contests. Idea of contest is to get as much posts as we can on the main forums so that the community has interesting discussion. We need to respect this.

If there are no rewards involve members can post anything, anywhere (well, I am not talking about spam), however, if you are participating in reward program, for instance paid posting or contest, you should only post on main forums, not on forum games or introduction sections. I think this should be mentioned in future contests. Idea of contest is to get as much posts as we can on the main forums so that the community has interesting discussion. We need to respect this.

I agree with it. They should clearly mention the same in the rules or they can start a point system where the points for the section like introduction and forum games may be kept lower than other.

That's not a bad idea if you ask me. Hopefully we get to see some updates about the contests soon.

Back