Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

It's a long weekend.

arunima25

Veteran

Reaction score
Yay! I am into long weekend mood already. It's just mid of the week. I am enjoying my Wednesday evening watching some TV and enjoying the online hustles. It's a long weekend here and I get back to work on Monday. We have our Independence day tomorrow and Friday is a holiday on account of Vara Mahalakshmi, a grand festival of the state of Karnataka. I have nothing planned for the long weekend. I just want to stay indoors and do things that I need to do as chores, read a bit and enjoy the forum sites.
How about you? What you generally do for a long weekend?

Yay! I am into long weekend mood already. It's just mid of the week. I am enjoying my Wednesday evening watching some TV and enjoying the online hustles. It's a long weekend here and I get back to work on Monday. We have our Independence day tomorrow and Friday is a holiday on account of Vara Mahalakshmi, a grand festival of the state of Karnataka. I have nothing planned for the long weekend. I just want to stay indoors and do things that I need to do as chores, read a bit and enjoy the forum sites.
How about you? What you generally do for a long weekend?
I am very glad that you have got some long weekend to spend at home. I wish l could get some time to relax with my family.

Actually it was a long weekend but I wish you should have a memorable celebrations but for me I will just plan to spend much time at home playing some game's on my smartphone

In the UK, we don't have a long weekend until towards the end of the month when we have a bank holiday weekend. Usually, when we have long weekends we tend to chill out and make the most of it.

@Stardom22 I am enjoying the weekend with my family. That's my plan other than catching up with the online hustles.
@Amdhone3qq We have just returned from the Independence Day celebration in our apartment ending with some cultural programs and delicious brunch with the other members. Many people love to play games on their mobile phones. I am not into it. I like physical outdoor games and board games with my family.
@Shortie . We have few holidays lined up in coming two months. The festival season has started here. Have a good long weekend that is coming your way.

Yes it's a long weekend but we should also remember our freedom fighters and every person who gave away it all for the freedom movement.

Yes it's a long weekend but we should also remember our freedom fighters and every person who gave away it all for the freedom movement.
Totally agree. I have grown up in a family where many have served the Armed forces and many are still serving it. I am proud of that. Independence is a privilege and one should enjoy it with full responsibility and awareness of what it actually stands for..

Perfect and we also got independence at the expense when our beautiful nation was divided into 2 parts and Pakistan came into scene on this day.

Perfect and we also got independence at the expense when our beautiful nation was divided into 2 parts and Pakistan came into scene on this day.
Yes, that's a huge price one paid. Divisive policy defeated us and they still keep creating troubles. We should learn from history and not let that happen again. Just some political ambitions and a power play by British left us bleeding for so many decades in various ways. One has to be very careful before having a blind trust on foreign powers and policy.

Yes it's like fighting with your own brothers and family members for a small piece of land at the expense of our own people's lives and spending a big chunk of money on it

Yes it's like fighting with your own brothers and family members for a small piece of land at the expense of our own people's lives and spending a big chunk of money on it
Yes in a way if we look at it in intellectual way. But it's not so in an intelligent way. It's more about the fairness. It's more about safeguarding what's ethically ours and not letting it go. Intellectually, Pandavas killed their kins for piece of land in Mahabharata. But when intelligence comes in action, you are fighting for what is your right and is for Dharma.

I am really coveting you @arunima25. Q whipping five days to rest and just take care of yourself. Happy independence day India and I wish they grow to reach their potentials as a nation. Hope you are going to give yourself a treat this long weekend.

I am really coveting you @arunima25. Q whipping five days to rest and just take care of yourself. Happy independence day India and I wish they grow to reach their potentials as a nation. Hope you are going to give yourself a treat this long weekend.
Thank you. Rest is one big plan on this weekend. Lol! And I took a three hours long nap in the afternoon today to start with on the first day. I enjoyed the morning celebration of Independence day. The beautiful celebration and cultural programs followed by a delicious brunch..we had a good day.Back home, I did some bit of puzzle with my daughter. And after all the fun and food, I took a long afternoon nap. A good start to the long weekend.

I don't have anything special or extra cut out for me for my weekend though this is also going to be one of our youth Sundays, so i am pretty busy preparing for tomorrow.

I have planned a boys day out to go out with my friends. We may go shopping and go bowling and have dinner at our favorite restaurant.

@eLdavis . What is this Youth Sundays? I hope all went well with the preparation and your Youth Sunday. It's past 10:30 PM here. My long weekend comes to an end. The work week begins tomorrow morning.

@Kingpin . Your plan sounds good. Your day seems to be packed with all fun. Hope that you have a good weekend.

@eLdavis . What is this Youth Sundays? I hope all went well with the preparation and your Youth Sunday. It's past 10:30 PM here. My long weekend comes to an end. The work week begins tomorrow morning.

@Kingpin . Your plan sounds good. Your day seems to be packed with all fun. Hope that you have a good weekend.
Oh it's just a regular Sunday service but the youths are the ones to take care of the sermon. We have youth Sundays every 2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month.

Actually it was a long weekend but I wish you should have a memorable celebrations but for me I will just plan to spend much time at home playing some game's on my smartphone
For me that is the only way l use to spend the most of my holidays here.

For me that is the only way l use to spend the most of my holidays here.
Actually I feel very comfortable when I am playing games especially multiplayer with others offline or online games what about you?

Oh it's just a regular Sunday service but the youths are the ones to take care of the sermon. We have youth Sundays every 2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month.
Oh! I see. Thank you for explaining it. It's a good way to involve youths in such services. I am sure that a great lesson of community involvement is there. That's so important for a harmonious society

Back