Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Israel added to the UN blacklist

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has added Israel’s military to a global list of offenders that have committed violations against children, his spokesman confirmed on Friday.

Israel had been told it is being placed on the list in the secretary-general’s annual report on children in armed conflict, to be sent to the UN Security Council.
Israel’s inclusion on the list comes after eight months of war in Gaza, in which more than 15,500 children have been killed, according to the Ministry of Health in the enclave.
The war was sparked by a Hamas-led assault on Israel on October 7, which killed 1,200 people and saw some 250 others taken hostage. Many are still in captivity and Hamas’ top leadership is still at large despite the Israeli onslaught.

I really hope putting them on the blacklist would have a strong enough effect on them.

I really hope putting them on the blacklist would have a strong enough effect on them.
To be honest, I don't see any impact it will have on Israel, do they even care?

To be honest, I don't see any impact it will have on Israel, do they even care?
Exactly, cause am pretty sure they must have thought of that before taking such actions and they probably do not see themselves being affected in anyway if they end up on the blacklist.

Exactly, cause am pretty sure they must have thought of that before taking such actions and they probably do not see themselves being affected in anyway if they end up on the blacklist.
If they like they can out Israel on the redlist or purple list,it doesn't solve anything. Maybe they should try a different approach?

I think at the moment this is the best idea they can come up with. Let's just wait and see the outcome.

I think at the moment this is the best idea they can come up with. Let's just wait and see the outcome.
All the best for them anyway, my country has enough problems to worry about already. Israel can stay one side first.

I don't see any point for putting Israel in the black list as they have not started it , Hamas started it and Israel is responding to them.

I don't see any point for putting Israel in the black list as they have not started it , Hamas started it and Israel is responding to them.
That's also one way of looking at it though.

I don't know the history but that's true Hamas started it this time.

Yes that's true, but I think the UN had high expectations from Israel, in the sense that they where not expecting things to go this far, especially with the killing of children.

Yes that's true, but I think the UN had high expectations from Israel, in the sense that they where not expecting things to go this far, especially with the killing of children.
What can be done to rectify everything though? It doesn't look like Israel is showing any sign of remorse.

I don't know the history but that's true Hamas started it this time.
Despite how has started or has not started, there is victims of this war that pays this conflict between two parties especially women and children for example that doesn't have any participation in the war.

I am sad for the people of Israel but not of Palestine because they never opposed what Hamas was doing to Israelis.

I am sad for the people of Israel but not of Palestine because they never opposed what Hamas was doing to Israelis.
By the way it is a war and kill someone that doesn't participate in the war despite you are with this or this is not something acceptable like kids or women that doesn't have any influence on the war, it is my point of view only.

What can be done to rectify everything though? It doesn't look like Israel is showing any sign of remorse.
I honestly don't know though, bút one thing I do know is that the fighting needs to stop.

By the way it is a war and kill someone that doesn't participate in the war despite you are with this or this is not something acceptable like kids or women that doesn't have any influence on the war, it is my point of view only.

Now, when the things are highlighted, all the world is working about the people of Gaza, whereas when daily Israelis were getting killed by the bombs of Hamas, no one cares to know about it. It's so sad that people are so biased.

Well Israel has been part of the United nations for a very long time now, and not to mention their relationship with the United states, so I guess more focus would be on them.

Now, when the things are highlighted, all the world is working about the people of Gaza, whereas when daily Israelis were getting killed by the bombs of Hamas, no one cares to know about it. It's so sad that people are so biased.
To be frank, when you are back to my quoted conversation there are parts with this and parts with this, but it is politics to be in front of this or that, this is your beliefs at the end. Kill someone how participate in the war could be understood but not someone not participating on the war like kids and womens either from this part or this part.

The truth is that, there's no party that is right as long as the killing of innocent people is involved.

Back