Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is there a black sheep in your family?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
Our home will not be at ease when there is a black sheep. In my family, we had a sibling considered a black sheep. We are all afraid when my brother is around at home. He keeps on demanding many things and he does not respect and obey my father. My father just stayed away to avoid chaos at home. One time, he demanded me to buy shampoo but I was a young child. I was 5 years old and I did not know the store and then he whipped me. I was full of bruises and in the evening, I chilled because of a high fever. My father saw the bruises and demanded my brother to leave the house. He did not leave and neither say sorry. God punished my bro, he was drowned in the sea. My father told him not to because there was a storm but he insisted to go and he met his demise. 😭

Oh I sorry to know about your brother. At what age he drowned in the sea?

That's why I have taught my kids to always obey to the parents. They never want their bad.

Maybe, I am the black sheep of my family. I am a non conformist because I am highly opinionated. And I am considered by my parents to be stubborn because of that.

Oh I sorry to know about your brother. At what age he drowned in the sea?

That's why I have taught my kids to always obey to the parents. They never want their bad.
My brother was 32 years old at the time he drowned in the sea. It was so tragic and despite he's a toxic bro but we loved him and prayed for the eternal repose of his soul. He left his young wife and and kids.

In every family there is always that one or two child that is kind of different or see things differently. Most times it might not really be for bad, just that people fail to understand them.

I am sorry to hear about your brother. He was too young to die. May his soul rest in peace. My heart goes for his wife and kid. Hope that they are doing good.
Well, I don't have anyone as such a black sheep in my family. Some might say that I am the one because I don't compromise on my moral and ethics. That might be upsetting for some. I put my boundaries very firm and clear. Not everyone understands that. But I am a kind one and would help my family in all possible ways.

My brother was 32 years old at the time he drowned in the sea. It was so tragic and despite he's a toxic bro but we loved him and prayed for the eternal repose of his soul. He left his young wife and and kids.

I understand how difficult it would have been for his wife to work and look after the kids.

I am sorry to hear about your brother. He was too young to die. May his soul rest in peace. My heart goes for his wife and kid. Hope that they are doing good.
Well, I don't have anyone as such a black sheep in my family. Some might say that I am the one because I don't compromise on my moral and ethics. That might be upsetting for some. I put my boundaries very firm and clear. Not everyone understands that. But I am a kind one and would help my family in all possible ways.
That's the challenge. Some of us that are not easily tossed around by family whims are branded as black sheep especially when the family is a controlling family. I would soon again go through that round when I want to marry because I would marry from any tribe I like regardless of the family stand. And everyone would scream Black sheep again.

I understand how difficult it would have been for his wife to work and look after the kids.
My sister-in-law has already moved on and sacrificed a lot to educate their kids. We also helped her raise her kids. My nurse sister-in-law- was the one who paid for the tuition fee of their elder son . We helped her elevate their financial lives by giving her capital for her dreamed business.

That's the challenge. Some of us that are not easily tossed around by family whims are branded as black sheep especially when the family is a controlling family. I would soon again go through that round when I want to marry because I would marry from any tribe I like regardless of the family stand. And everyone would scream Black sheep again.
Hmm...I can understand that. Sometimes the labelling comes very easily. Just because you have some difference on opinions and morals, you are branded as black sheep. A supportive family would accomodate everyone's view point with the same respect.
@Scorpion . So nice of your family to be supportive to the wife. It is not easy bringing up children as a single parent.

When it happens that there's a black sheep in your family, that family member needs spiritual and moral support. Help him or her change his or her outlook on life. The character is not inherent of the person, perhaps acquired through peer pressure. Love is the best instrument to change a person's character to a more desirable one.

Back