Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is it wrong to date someone in the same street or workplace?

King Belieal

Veteran
Reaction score

I know that different places have different belief systems. In my country, people living in the same street or working in the same organization hardly date each other. They feel it would lead to contempt. They believe that they should be dating someone a little bit far from them.

I find this belief system very terrible. Is it wrong for someone to date another person in the same street or workplace?

For me I feel it is based on preference. Personally I don't see anything wrong with this. You can date whoever you want the more important thing is both parties are responsible about it.

It's absolutely fine but dating someone so near has its pros and cons. Pros is nearness and cons is family will find and can have a opposite reaction to it

There is none here in my place courting, dating, engaging, and marrying someone in the neighbourhood. Most people dare and marry someone far or in the next town or city. But my neigbor courted me and he was cross examined by my police brother, lol. My neighbour was horrified and never came back. Lol.

One thing about dating someone around you is that the relationship can easily become ordinary because you almost see the person at every turn. When you date someone outside, there is an air of suspense which makes the relationship interesting.

Loving or being in a relationship with a neighbor means something to the neighborhood. There will be an inevitable gossip that is sometimes wrong. People tend to become judgmental and create malicious accusations like the girl is pregnant despite not being done by the two neighbors in love.

Back