Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is it possible to completely forget?

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
Most of us might have had several experiences in the past that we would like to forget. I have seen people talk about things they have been through and how they are trying to forget about how it made them feel. Is it really possible to completely forget these things?

No, the happenings in the past cannot be forgotten unless you experienced it when you were a young child but it already in the remembering stage hard to forget. I could still remember some of my experiences wen I was two years old. Those who completely forget might have sick of dementia.

You might not really forget it but you would have to let it go. There is no human that can claim that he or she has completely forgotten the things that really hurt him or her in the past. They just learned to let go and move on.

In my opinion, you can forget things, but you cannot forget them completely. Whenever you try to forget a person or an incident, you will face something related to them that won't let you forget them completely. I wonder how people forget things completely.

Those who completely forget are busy people. They only force to remember when needed but if not, it will gradually fade as time goes by which is why, it is essential for those forgetful people to write their daily diaries. It would help them recall things that slowly disappears on mind.

Back