Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is it easier for you to work when your desk and whole house is clean?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
For me, cleanliness is a very important part of living, because as a child I did not like to clean and could already be in the dirt for a long time, but over time I came to the realization that it is difficult to be organized when there is dirt around, so I started to always clean in order to be productive

Cluttered house and more precisely cluttered desk is obviously a great distraction for working. Clean house and clean desk will give you a peace of mind. However, I can work even when my desk or the house is cluttered, especially when I am working on something I enjoy very much. I need clean mind to work.

I'm very sensitive to any thing that is dirt which is why I will find it very difficult to work in an environment that is unkept. I always make sure that I clean up my desk whenever I am working so that I will not even have to encounter any kind of dust particle on my table.

I'm very sensitive to any thing that is dirt which is why I will find it very difficult to work in an environment that is unkept. I always make sure that I clean up my desk whenever I am working so that I will not even have to encounter any kind of dust particle on my table.
I understand you 100 percent because I have the same beliefs and it is very difficult for me to work even if I have several dustbins on my desk and I just have to clean them up because they will distract me from work

I understand you 100 percent because I have the same beliefs and it is very difficult for me to work even if I have several dustbins on my desk and I just have to clean them up because they will distract me from work

It's like how I always make sure to take out my trash in the morning, I do this to make sure I don't leave anything in the house that's going to contaminate the fresh air in the house. Even though I make use of automatic spraying air freshers, I will never leave the trash in the house.

Yes it is a lot easier for me to work cause there would be a lot of space and I can have easy access to my working tools. Another added advantage is the clean smell that comes with it after cleaning my working space.

Yes it is a lot easier for me to work cause there would be a lot of space and I can have easy access to my working tools. Another added advantage is the clean smell that comes with it after cleaning my working space.
In my opinion, it's cool when it's clean, but in fact I don't really like the smell of all these products that I use for cleaning because they have a very strong smell and I still need to air the room after cleaning so that the smell is neutral

Certainly. It is hard to concentrate when there is a mess around you.

It is really comfortable when the temperature and surroundings are favourable.

Cleanliness is criminally underrated in my opinion. If my desk or the surrounding is dirty I wouldn't even be able to accomplish anything at all. So I try as much as possible to keep my desk and the environment to boost my productivity at work.

An organized, clutter-free environment definitely helps me focus and be more productive. When my desk is tidy and my living spaces are neat, I feel a sense of calm that allows me to concentrate fully on the task at hand without distractions.

I don't really work from home much so I don't have my own desk, but it's true that it's much easier to work that way. I have 2 small children so I clean the house almost every day.

Cleanliness is most important. I cannot work on a empty desk and like to keep my hands and elbows clean.

Yes it will be so much easier when my desk and the whole house was clean because is left for you to concentrate on other things

Yes, having a clean house and clean desk makes me happy, uplifts my spirits and it's just easier to find things!

Back