Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ireland Won Against Zimbabwe

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
It was a one of test between Ireland and Zimbabwe played in Belfast, Ireland and even though Zimbabwe was in commanding position, Ireland finished the match and have won it convincingly.

I never really know Zimbabwe to be a nation that really takes cricket seriously. I actually thought it is only South Africa in the whole of the African continent that does cricket.

I never really know Zimbabwe to be a nation that really takes cricket seriously. I actually thought it is only South Africa in the whole of the African continent that does cricket.
It's shocking to know that you are not even aware of popular cricket-playing nations that are part of Africa. Zimbabwe and Kenya both used to be so popular and have done well in the past and these days Zimbabwe is still doing ok but Kenya is not getting much recognition as they are not even able to qualify the ICC events

It's shocking that Zimbabwe lost the match because they are an experienced team and Ireland is quite new to cricket. @King Belieal Zimbabwe has been playing cricket for so many years. They have played in many World Cups. They were a good team at one time in the past.

Ireland is better in many ways as compared to Ireland now. Ireland is playing all the ICC events whereas Zimbabwe is not even able to qualify for the ICC tournaments

To be honest I am really surprised Zimbabwe has a national team in cricket. I doubt my country has a team for this though.

To be honest I am really surprised Zimbabwe has a national team in cricket. I doubt my country has a team for this though.

Zimbabwe has been playing cricket for so many years. I saw them playing in the 1987 World Cup, but since then, their performance has not been as it should be. Maybe people don't want to play cricket much there because of the lower fees they get.

Zimbabwe has been playing cricket for so many years. I saw them playing in the 1987 World Cup, but since then, their performance has not been as it should be. Maybe people don't want to play cricket much there because of the lower fees they get.
Wow that's pretty long. I used to think cricket was only known in India back then. It's good there are so many counties who have teams playing it.

Yes, they have been playing cricket since long. They had very good players like "Flower brothers", Henry Olonga and many more. I remember they defeated India in one of the world cup matches.

I think it's a waste to say even Africans aren't aware of Cricket whereas they have so many cricket playing nations who are competing from a long time and Kenya used to be a regular in the World cups and in 2027 we may see Zimbabwe too in the world cup and maybe a few more African nations.

Recently lots of nations are coming up. Even Afghanistan is a good team and they have always performed well in the major tournaments. They have defeated major teams in the tournaments.

Afghanistan is in top 8 so they don't need to qualify and are mostly in all ICC tournaments wheres Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are required to qualify for certain events

Yes, they played really well in the last world cup. At one stage it was looking as if they enter the semi finals.

They have great competitive players and even though they don't get any facilities and don't even have any home cricket still they are better than many other countries

Yes, they live in Dehradoon because they have political problems in their country. India is like their second home. Still, they are better than many of the major cricket-playing countries. Their captain, Rashid Khan, is a very good all-rounder who plays well in the IPL too.

They have scheduled their next home series in Sharjah so could be they are still looking for cheap options like Pakistan was considering a few years ago

Ireland have been doing well but they did not performed well in the T20 World cup and even before that so this victory may help them do well

Back