Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Iraqi TikTok star Om Fahad shot dead outside her Baghdad home.

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Al Jazeera said on Saturday that Om Fahad, an Iraqi TikTok celebrity, was shot and killed in a late-night incident outside her house in the Zoyouna area in eastern Baghdad. Surveillance camera footage from the scene shows that the unidentified attacker who arrived on a motorcycle wearing dark clothes and a helmet, shot Om Fahad who was sitting inside a black SUV, then got off from the motorcycle. Om Fahad was the creator of the trendy Tiktok platform for short films.

Picture taken from Wikipedia

Attachments

• images (10).jpeg
    images (10).jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
From the looks of things, it seems she was the target from the very beginning. It's well.

Shot outside her home? No where is safe now anymore. I mean, for her to be shot outside her home it means that the attack was already a planned one. She probably stepped on somebody's toes, which was not enough reason to end her life actually.

I might sound insensitive here but for a society like Iraq, one shouldn't think of building a social media celebrity life and expect to live there. Those guys see that as haram according to their own version of islam. And she was even a lady too. She should have migrated to the United States since.

I also think that, @King Belieal. In Islamic nations, such behavior is prohibited. They oppose their women posting frequently on social media and appearing in western attire. They think that women should wear "burqa" to hide themselves. That may be the reason she was killed.

I might sound insensitive here but for a society like Iraq, one shouldn't think of building a social media celebrity life and expect to live there. Those guys see that as haram according to their own version of islam. And she was even a lady too. She should have migrated to the United States since.
You have a point, she probably thought that she could do all of that and go Scott free. At the same time, that is no justification for killing her.

Back