Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Influencer boxing

Mike

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Influencer boxing is the new craze at the moment. It has attracted a lot of attention and mixed feelings regarding it. Some people feel that it is good for the sport of boxing - it promotes the sport to a new, younger audience and others feel that it makes a mockery of boxing. What are your thoughts on influencer boxing? Is it good for the sport or not and why?

Initially I thought it's good for the sport of boxing but after watching the latest influencer boxing event over the weekend, my opinion has changed. Most of these influencers can't box and the fights are awful to watch. Watching KSI vs Tommy Fury was a poor advertisement of boxing to any potential fans - why would anyone want to get into boxing after watching that?

Everyone is jumping into boxing because of the hefty money in the sports. You Tubes and celebrities should please stick to what they know how to do and leave boxing for the boxers.

Initially I thought it's good for the sport of boxing but after watching the latest influencer boxing event over the weekend, my opinion has changed. Most of these influencers can't box and the fights are awful to watch. Watching KSI vs Tommy Fury was a poor advertisement of boxing to any potential fans - why would anyone want to get into boxing after watching that?

KSI was a disgrace. I hated wasting my time watching him box against Tommy Fury. He was even shameless with his appeal after losing about how he was robbed.

Influencer boxing is a controversial topic in the sport. On one hand, it has brought a new level of mainstream attention and drawn in casual fans. The spectacle and drama surrounding celebrity fighters generates hype and pay-per-view buys. However, many purists argue it makes a mockery of the sweet science by having inexperienced novices headlining major cards. There are concerns about the long-term impact on boxing's credibility. Ultimately, as long as influencer boxing events are presenting legitimate, fairly-matched competitions alongside quality undercard fights, I believe it can co-exist and maybe even act as a gateway to grow the sport's popularity.

Well, after hearing the name 'influencer boxing' I didn't expect anything less. People should know that it wouldn't be as serious as a real boxing match. The purpose of it is to gather people's attention about the match and rake in as much money as possible from the event.

Back