Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Increasing population has lead to deforestation.

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Because of the increasing population we have been facing the issue of deforestation here. We have been facing lots of consequences like the loss of habitat leads to the extinction of plant and animal species. The soil is affected by landslides and erosion in the absence of tree roots. Deforestation alters the pattern of the world's climate and increases greenhouse gas emissions. Deforestation can cause droughts and floods because forests are essential for controlling water cycles.

We know the bad impact of deforestation but still we allow it to be done.

Is your country also getting affected by it? What steps the government of your country is taking to deal with it?

My country also has such a problem, but we have it not because of overpopulation, but because they like to sell wood to other more developed countries that respect their own forests. Our forest area is very large, but most of the trees have already been destroyed and this continues and no one is fighting against it because the highest ranks of government are the initiators of this cutting down

At the moment our country is not affected by over population. But with the increase of people, I don't think there is any other option besides clearing some forest so there can be more space.

This is the biggest drawback of population explosion and even Government is forced to clear land and make it accessible for humans which directly affects the animals and their habitat.

No we were not affected by such issue's and also the government tends to provide the need's of human beings before the animal's habitat and I don't think I have something to say again

No we were not affected by such issue's and also the government tends to provide the need's of human beings before the animal's habitat and I don't think I have something to say again
Yes everyone is aware how developed Nigeria is and there are never protests in Nigeria and everything is so peaceful in your country.

Back