Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Inappropriate commentary in public

Here’s to share disgusting remarks made by high-profile figures.

So despicable to make such outrageous sexual comments
Well, I’m glad to be able to say that this is at least being dealt with.

You guys must have heard about Russell Brand. This is why I’m not a major fan of stand-up comedy TBH. You never really know the characters and intention behind the person making these jokes.

You guys must have heard about Russell Brand. This is why I’m not a major fan of stand-up comedy TBH. You never really know the characters and intention behind the person making these jokes.
I think the comments made by the presenter and Fox were completely wrong and inappropriate but to generalise Russell Brand’s case to others is very unfair.

I think the comments made by the presenter and Fox were completely wrong and inappropriate but to generalise Russell Brand’s case to others is very unfair.
This isn’t so much about fairness as much as the consumer simply not feeling entertained. I’m not saying everyone is bad, but just the reason I don’t find stand up comedy funny in general when it comes to sensitive things… I don’t know the person.

Well, I’m glad to be able to say that this is at least being dealt with.

Well, they got sacked!
Now there’s a debate on whether GB News were right to sack them, critics claim freedom of speech is violated. GB News cite respect as a core value when expressing opinions and I fully agree.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. When you work for a company, you have to abide by their rules and I'm sure GB News like any employer has a policy for sexual harassment. There's really no need for them to be making comments like that. Also I think some comedians are fine, but there are a number of them who said some nasty things and got upset that they were "canceled". Rosanne got upset when she was saying some racist things on Twitter, and then shortly after her character was killed off in The Connors. She got upset about the decision, but that's what she gets for making racist comments.

Back