Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Improving the Spiritual Environment

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score
The environment is of upmost importance in becoming spiritual. However, not everyone is in a religious household. In that case, they would need to make the environment spiritual, which would be something conducive to Christianity or Islam or whatever religion.

Myself, I think music can make a big difference and watching wholesome TV. In fact, even though TV is generally a waste of time, maybe in some instances it is not, even if the program isn't educational. Basically, certain TV shows can make people focus more on wholesome things.

Debate Question: Is this really needed?

When it comes to spiritual growth, what you consume matters a lot. The things we watch, the things we read, and even the things we view, they tend to matter a lot. They can contaminate our spirit. So we need to be careful.

When it comes to spiritual growth, what you consume matters a lot. The things we watch, the things we read, and even the things we view, they tend to matter a lot. They can contaminate our spirit. So we need to be careful.
Yeah, that's no joke. In fact, I will even say that quietness is a deceptive enemy. If things are quiet, you get bored or something and then you start being non-spiritual.

Yeah, that's no joke. In fact, I will even say that quietness is a deceptive enemy. If things are quiet, you get bored or something and then you start being non-spiritual.
Yes that's true, but it also depends. Most times when am quite, I tend to reflect on things around me, what I have done and what I would do. Though I mostly play some good songs and it helps me focus.

I really don't desire to be spiritual. It seems spirituality and rational thinking don't go hand in hand. My country is highly spiritual but grossly underdeveloped. Check highly spiritual countries. They reek underdevelopment.

Back