Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Importance of self love

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
A lot of people want to be loved by others but find it extremely hard to love themselves. The moment we are able to love ourselves for who we are, it makes it a lot easier for others to make us happy or loved. Loving ourselves means we don't have to rely on others.

I cannot love myself as I'm not capable of this emotion. But I do very much have self respect and that is good enough for me.

I cannot love myself as I'm not capable of this emotion. But I do very much have self respect and that is good enough for me.
If that's good enough for you, then I guess that's all that matters. The most important thing is what you think and not what others think in the end.

A lot of people want to be loved by others but find it extremely hard to love themselves. The moment we are able to love ourselves for who we are, it makes it a lot easier for others to make us happy or loved. Loving ourselves means we don't have to rely on others.

Loving yourself should be the first step. You have to be able to enjoy being you no matter what. I can not say that there is any reason someone shouldn't love me, but loving myself will always come tops for me.

I
Loving yourself should be the first step. You have to be able to enjoy being you no matter what. I can not say that there is any reason someone shouldn't love me, but loving myself will always come tops for me.
I completely agree with this, this is also why a lot of people are having issues in their relationships today, they go into this relationship with the expectations that their partners would make them happy. But the truth of the matter is if they do not love themselves first, it would be impossible or hard for others to make them happy.

The truth is that people won't love you if you don't love yourself. Self love can help boost one's self-esteem and self confidence, and you won't take nonsense from anyone. At the same time, one should be careful of excessive self-love as it can lead to selfishness and egocentrism.

The truth is that people won't love you if you don't love yourself. Self love can help boost one's self-esteem and self confidence, and you won't take nonsense from anyone. At the same time, one should be careful of excessive self-love as it can lead to selfishness and egocentrism.
True, which also goes to say the amount of value we give to ourselves is also the same amount of value others would show to us as well. When we downgrade ourselves or love ourselves less, others would also do same.

I just recently started to love and respect myself a lot and it changed a lot because I stopped depending on compliments from other people because I thought if I don't get compliments then I'm bad at something

The challenge is that some of us have been selfless right from the start and really can't see a bad thing happen to another person. That's why we always tend to go out for others even when it strains us but self love is the key though.

The challenge is that some of us have been selfless right from the start and really can't see a bad thing happen to another person. That's why we always tend to go out for others even when it strains us but self love is the key though.
Yes that's true, and having this traits is not a bad thing, you just need to learn to put your needs first sometimes. Even the Bible in Proverbs, says we should not be too kind, meaning there is a limit to everything.

Yes, I was once like that too. But in the end I always end up getting hurt. Because the people that I go to great lengths for usually don't appreciate it at the end of the day.

Back