Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

If your weekend doesn't match with others

arunima25

Veteran

Reaction score
Good morning. It is Friday morning 10 AM here and I am enjoying my time here with my online engagement and cooking my lunch. Friday and Saturday are off for me. This is my new weekend from July this year. My Sunday got busy with one training course that I am attending and half of it goes for the Education beyond classroom for parents. So, they have started giving my Friday off so that I am not totally burnt out. Luckily, I can spend my Sunday at home as both these programs are online. So, I do get few hours in between for spending with my family
My weekend does not coincide with my husband's. So whatever we have to do together for weekend plan, we do it on late Friday evening or Saturday. My younger daughter has her internship on Saturday and Sunday. So, she literally has no day off. For any family outing, we plan it on Friday evening and night
But I have Friday to myself and I try to make best use of it. I am happy to have them go and have the house to myself
So, having different days off comes with it's own pros and cons.
Do you have anything similar in your life? How do you spend your weekend?

I prefer this actually and this way I can do what I want, watch my favorite movie, tv shows or can sleep throughout the day although I don't like to sleep during day

@Ginger. Even I find that good in a way. At least my Friday is the whole day to myself. I am done cooking and cleaning in the morning. Now, I can have my me time to enjoy and do things that I want to do till 5 when my daughter would return from college. Else, I would end up cooking their demands for a weekend lunch. Lol!

@Ginger. Even I find that good in a way. At least my Friday is the whole day to myself. I am done cooking and cleaning in the morning. Now, I can have my me time to enjoy and do things that I want to do till 5 when my daughter would return from college. Else, I would end up cooking their demands for a weekend lunch. Lol!
I can imagine that having a whole day for yourself feels great where you can do what you want and I have experienced this earlier when I used to have Monday as off day

I have a part time job. I am back home by 12. So, I would daily get five hours of house to myself. But then my therapy sessions start from 4_7. I do it from home. I don't keep any on Friday unless someone really needs it and asks for it.

I have a part time job. I am back home by 12. So, I would daily get five hours of house to myself. But then my therapy sessions start from 4_7. I do it from home. I don't keep any on Friday unless someone really needs it and asks for it.
From Some time Friday is also my favorite day because I keep thinking about the weekend and can plan for it and also some of my Tv shows do have some twist on Fridays LOL

I was like that. Friday was like Yay! Friday mood for me. Now that has shifted to Thursday afternoon. But still Friday is Yay day because that's the night, I would watch movies and shows with my husband and at times we watch it as a family.

Yes it feels great when you know tomorrow is off and you have whole day to yourself and who does not like to watch their favorite movies till late night

As it is right now i don't even have enough free time for myself. The only thing close to a free time I have is a few hours on Sundays.

As it is right now i don't even have enough free time for myself. The only thing close to a free time I have is a few hours on Sundays.
You must be busy racking dollars then 🤣😜. Have some time off brother. Take some time off. Everyone does that. It's important for the mind and body.

Actually let me just say as usual playing games and watching movies thats how I spend my weekend I don't get tired of repeating my self.

Back