Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

If you could create your own forum software, what would you add?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
There are many different kinds of forum software out there whether you choose between free or paid software. With each one, you will always find that there is a feature not available that you wish was a feature.

If you had the chance to create and build your own forum software, what would you add to it that you have not seen before?

I love using paid version of forum softwares because they are better. If I'm going to create my own forum software tomorrow for public use, it's going to be a paid software like Xenforo but better than it.

I'm not sure if it's already there but I would like to add a music player to the forum that would remain even when we are switching between pages, reading different topics and posts. I think that would be a great feature for members like me who love to listen to music while browsing forums.

I'm not sure if it's already there but I would like to add a music player to the forum that would remain even when we are switching between pages, reading different topics and posts. I think that would be a great feature for members like me who love to listen to music while browsing forums.
I think it is a nice feature because if you include a script of a video player or music player then it will refresh while browsing different pages, it needs some kind of static page rendering like the next JS development for a forum, and I am sorry for using technical terms.

No not forums but I have used websites where there was a music player. I was a staff there. You could tune to various online radios. I was not very much in the music playing on the website, therefore, whenever I visited the site, I muted the music player. Now back to the question.
I want ecommerce functionality on forums, maybe I would work on it.

Last edited:
I am not a forum owner but I have read from the posts about Xenforo and it's complete and easy to use

Back